Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

parameterization through Database in LR

Can you please explore functionality of VuGen to setup the parameterization through Database.

Find the screenshot attached for reference

Pls suggest

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: parameterization through Database in LR

Using this utility, you can import the data from a Database to a parameter file.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Madan,

Thanks for the response..does we need to install the oracle client on bpm system?

Becasue external db we are using is oracle 10g and requirement is vugen takes the parameter from oracle database

Pls suggest

Thanks
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Nope, it doesn't refer to your database at Runtime. Once you import the values to your Vugen parameter file, there won't be any connection to the database.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

So after the password expiry i need to change the same at vugen only.Pls correct me if i am wrong..At the database level it is not possible to change

Cheers
Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Madan,

Thanks for the response..i have raised the same with support and they have suggested the following workaround..

I really confused after reading this?

How to parameterize the password field in a database script.
Document ID: KM174664R

Help us to troubleshoot the same

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

The article talks about how to parameterize a Database script. And you posted in the forum is about importing the parameter values from a Database. Both are unrelated.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.