Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

performance center 11 controller installation

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I'm planning to install Hp performance center version 11. I have already installed 'Load generator' component on windows 2008 OS. How to install the 'controller' component. I need to install this component on separte five windows 2008 machines.

Do you have any document for that.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
thiag.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: performance center 11 controller installation

Jump to solution

Hi Thiag,

Based on the install discs you gave you do not h ave the one with the Controller, it would be T7330-15008. This one contains the PC install for PC Servers and Hosts, a PC host contains a Controller and Analysis.

If you need the software, you would have to open a non technical service request with Software Delivery group.

Regards,

Mario

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Thiag

Hope you are doing fine!

The topology with PC11 changes in comparison with previous version and there is an installation flow that I recommend you to follow in order that you can integrate the components without any issues.

I am attaching the installation guide.

Hope this can helps

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Mabola,

Thanks for your update. Already I have this installation guide and software source. But I'm unable to find the Controller component installation part.

1. T7330-15009 - contains Load Generator

2. TC096-15000- contains ALM.

Above mentioned components I tried. Can you tell me where I will get the Controller installation part.

Thanks,

Thiag.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Thiag,

Based on the install discs you gave you do not h ave the one with the Controller, it would be T7330-15008. This one contains the PC install for PC Servers and Hosts, a PC host contains a Controller and Analysis.

If you need the software, you would have to open a non technical service request with Software Delivery group.

Regards,

Mario

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Suerte13cr,

Thank you so much for response. Now I can installed this component.

rgds,
thiag.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Could any one elaborate me on the installation folders

TC096-15000 - HP ALM
T7330-15008- PC servers

T7330-15009- PC hosts

Please let me know which setup files need to executed for below components,

in the above folders, looks like so many things are in it and I require only performance center  

1) ALM installation for 64 bit

2) PC server extension

3) PC server

4) PC hosts

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I am assuming that you have extracted the files from each ISO into the directory structure you outlined.  If that is the case then the Setup programs that you should run are as follows:

On the ALM Server:

\\TC096-15000 - HP ALM\ALM\Installation\Win64\Setup.msi

After successfully installing the ALM Server you need to install the PC Extensions on the ALM server

This can be found at:

\\T7330-15008- PC Servers\Setup.exe then select Performance Center Extension for ALM

On the PC Server (PCS):

\\T7330-15008- PC Servers\Setup.exe then select Performance Center Server

On each PC host regardless of its role (Controller, Generator, Data Processor):

\\T7330-15008- PC Servers\Setup.exe then select Performance Center Host

On any stand alone Load Generator (Windows Based):

T7330-15009- PC Hosts\Setup.exe then select Load Generator

On any stand alone Vugen system:

T7330-15009- PC Hosts\Setup.exe then select Virtual User Generator

On any stand alone Analysis system:

T7330-15009- PC Hosts\Setup.exe then select Analysis

There are other programs available in each of the install programs but I have not tried to recreate the install guide here.  Also, there are patches that MUST be downloaded and installed for each of the components.  In all cases the latest patches should be installed immediately after the installation of any of the above components before attempting to use the software.

Craig D

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

One last point.  If your post you said "looks like so many things are in it and I require only performance center"

Performance Center is not one single piece of software like the LoadRunner Controller.  Performance Center is a suite of cooperating applications that together make a complete performance testing management tool that is totally integrated into the ALM Platform.  

You can not run Performance Center without an ALM server.  You can't run a Performance Center Host without a Performance Center Server and you can't run a Performance Center Server without first installing the Performance Center Extensions on the ALM server.  All of these connections work together to make up "Performance Center"

I would strongly recommend that you read the entire ALM and PC installation guides and get a full understanding of all of the components and what role each component is responsible for providing and how those components communicate with each other.  If you don't do this you will likely become very frustrated with Performance Center.

There is a lot of overhead with Performance Center to provide the management of all your users, projects, hosts, generators, scripts, scenarios, licenses, and results.  If you are a single person or small work group based Load Testing team Performance Center may be too much overhead for you.  However, if you are a team of many load testers with the need to run multiple simultaneous load tests and you need to keep and manage test results for months or even years then using Performance Center to handle all of the management tasks is key.

I hope this helps you.

Craig D

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your help,

I am familar with Performance center components as i have been working with performance testing for the past 6 years

But i am new to administration and installations,

Good part is ALM got successfully installaed http://localhost:8080/qcbin/ , i am able to login to admin site without issues

Now,I am planning to start install PC extention and pc servers , i could not able to locate below setup file

On the PC Server (PCS):

\\T7330-15008- PC Servers\Setup.exe then select Performance Center Server

\T7330-15008\15008\

dat

datchs

and so on

setup

in setup folder i have below files

chs

common

En

Install

in En folder

I have below files

prerequisites

inst_lts

inst_pcs

setup_lts

setup_lts

setup_pcs

setup_pcs

Could you please guide me what files shall i require to install pc extention and pc servers

thanks,

sateesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I beleive you are going to deep into the directory structure looking for the file.  

The PC extensions are part of the same DVD as the PC Server.  If you have extracted the DVD to the file system then I can't be 100% sure exactly where it is, but if you are reading the ISO directy, there is a setup program in the root directory of the DVD called SETUP.EXE and once you launch that there is an option to install the Performance Center Extensions.

Craig D

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reply , i could able to locate the files , it was problem with extraction of .iso files only,

Now i completed the installation for ALM server ,PC extention and PC server

i am logging in to lab mangement on alm server and added PC servers, but unable to add PC server  linnce key beacuse my server is not connected to internet,

as per security polocy here we cannot use internet in servers,  is that mandatory to have internet enabled to add PC server license key? please advice me on this

thanks,

sateeesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I am not familiar with any requirement to have Internet access in order to use PC.  Intallation of the licenses requires the setup of the PCS and proper configuration of ALM and PCS together.  

When you Open Lab Management and click on Performance Center Servers do you see your PCS server listed there?  Does it pass all the checks?  Can you login to the My Performance Center Site?

If all of these items pass and you can still not access the License page you will probably need to open a Support Case.

Craig D

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.