Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"An unsupported operation was attempted." Controller shuts down.

While either trying to run an existing Scenario or creating a new Scenario using the Controller (LoadRunner 9.10), I get the following pop-up/errors.

First pop-up - (Title) LoadRunner Controller:
- "An unsupported operation was attempted."
Then I clicked on the "OK" button.

Second pop-up - (Title) Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library:
- Debug Error!
- Program: C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\bin\wlrun.exe
- abnormal program termination

Then if I click on any of the three buttons on this pop-up, the Controller will shut down.

Would also get this pop-up every once in a while: (Controller will also shut down)

(Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library:
Assertion failed!
Program: .....\bin\wlrun.exe
File: wlrun.cpp
Line: 372
Expression: 0)

This is happening as soon as I try to open a previous Scenario or when I try to select a script to try to create a new scenario. Looks like the Controller is trying to load the Scenario, but then the error occurs. The Controller and Scenarios had worked in the past.
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "An unsupported operation was attempted." Controller shuts down.

Hi,
I use LoadRunner 9.5 But I have seen similar error when one scenario is open and we try to move to open another scenario.Save and close open scenario and then open next one.

As for Debug error , if not required disable JIT debugging in visual studio that migth help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I will look at that, but this error is occurring as soon as I open the Controller and try to load the first Scenario. How can I tell if another Scenario is somehow still open?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I have experienced the same error message when I open a existing scenario/controller session or try to create a new scenario.
I am also using LR 9.1.

Here is the error message received:

---------------------------
LoadRunner Controller
An unsupported operation was attempted.
OK
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I ended up saving all the scripts and scenarios I needed off the machine and doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of LoadRunner. It may not be the quickest solution, but it did work.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

was this 64-bit OS?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Server 2003
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I am also making use of Windows Server 2003
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

windows vista SP2
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.