Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

"N/A" instead of response time in a trend report?

All,

I'm using PC 12.53.  I have a trend report to which runs are automatically added via the HP ALM Jenkins plugin.  Sometimes all of the response times for a particular run show as N/A.  Why is that?  It doesn't seem to coincide with failing the SLA and there doesn't appear to be any problem adding that run to the report that I can see.

thanks

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: "N/A" instead of response time in a trend report?

Hello,

Can you please check if you one of the transactions in the test has ' (single quote) character in it?

If so, please remove it and try again

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Where in the transaction?  The name?  No, they do not.

When I see this problem it's consistent for all transactions in a run.  Some runs are fine, though.  They show a response time.  Some runs of the same scenario show N/A for all transactions, however.

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hello,

Did you get the issue resolved?

If not is it possible to get an example of a run-result that reproduces this issue?

Regards,

Oren.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi 

Did this issue get resolved ?

I am also facing same issue with PC 12.53 , Getting N/A for the 90th percentile response time . Only it is displaying average /min /max values . 

please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Please open a support ticket. I'd like to investigate this matter.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Was this issue resolved?  I'm facing the same issue with PC 12.53 with the trending reports showing N/A.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

That issue was resolved in 12.55. There was a need in a code change to avoid special character in the transaction name. I think it was a comma.

Check if you have special characters in the transaction name. If not or if you are already using 12.55 please open a support ticket, we will handle that. 

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Yes, I also got this tyep of issue in my one of the loadtest executions, but for me i have done keen observation the particular transacton which is consuming very high response time is showing as N/A.

So as per my experience it is like if the response time of a particular transaction is too much high it will show N/A.

Thank you.

Regards,

Surya Kosuri.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thanks for your input Surya.

Can you please give exact values that you think causing this issue? I would like to reproduce internally and resolve.

Can you please open a support ticket so we can have a closer look? It will help in the valdiation process

From my experience 95% of the cases where n/a appears is either for measurements that do not have values on specific metrics or when the measurement didn't run successfully in the test. In both cases it is expected.

The other 5% are most likely defects which we are trying to resolve. One of them was because of special character in transaction name - that was resolved. I would like to resolve the others. 

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

We also have the same error sometimes. Usually this is caused by the regional settings of the pc. which runs the analysis. 

Andre

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Andre,

Can you free half an hour of your time to show me an example? Or alternatively send me more details in private? I would like to invstigate what it takes to fix it.

Regards,

Shlomi 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.