Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

running scripts on perfomance center load generator

Good day, everyone.

I have a challenge running scripts with Web-HTTP(HTML) protocol developed on HP Loadrunner using HP Perfomance Center Load Generator & Controller (OS: Windows).

Some HTTP requests in scripts contains cyrillic strings and loadgenerator seems to encode them wrong.

"Инициирование" to "Èíèöèèðîâàíèå", for example.

web_submit_data() call fragment:

web_submit_data("CREATE_PROJECT_62", 
	"Action={gateway_url}/!TABTHREAD0?pyActivity=ReloadHarness"
	"&pzPrimaryPageName=pyWorkPage&pzTransactionId={pzTransactionId_03}"
	"&pzFromFrame=pyWorkPage&pzHarnessID={pzHarnessID_04}&PreActivity=SaveAndContinue&HarnessMode=ACTION", 
	"Method=POST", 
	"RecContentType=text/html", 
	"Referer={gateway_url}/!TABTHREAD0?pyActivity=FinishAssignment"
        "&pzPrimaryPageName=pyWorkPage&pzTransactionId={pzTransactionId_02}"
        "&pzFromFrame=pyWorkPage&pzHarnessID={pzHarnessID_03}", 
	"Snapshot=t64.inf", 
	"Mode=HTML",
	ITEMDATA,
	(omitted)
	"Name=$PpyWorkPage$pProject$pTmpBankrupt$pName", "Value=Тестовая организация {org_code}", ENDITEM,  
	"Name=$PpyWorkPage$pProject$pTmpBankrupt$pINN", "Value=99010{org_code}", ENDITEM,  
	"Name=$PpyWorkPage$pProject$pTmpBankrupt$pKPP", "Value=990100001", ENDITEM,  
	"Name=$PpyWorkPage$pProject$pTmpBankrupt$pOGRN", "Value=10990100{org_code}", ENDITEM,  
	(omitted)
	"Name=$PpyWorkPage$pProject$pTmpBankrupt$pAddressList$l1$pPostalCode", "Value=109097", ENDITEM,  
	"Name=$PpyWorkPage$pProject$pTmpBankrupt$pAddressList$l1$pCountry", "Value=Российская Федерация", ENDITEM,  
	"Name=$PpyWorkPage$pProject$pTmpBankrupt$pAddressList$l1$pCity", "Value=Москва", ENDITEM,  
	"Name=$PpyWorkPage$pProject$pTmpBankrupt$pAddressList$l1$pStreet", "Value=Ильинка", ENDITEM,  
	"Name=$PpyWorkPage$pProject$pTmpBankrupt$pAddressList$l1$pHouseNum", "Value=99", ENDITEM,  
	"Name=$PpyWorkPage$pProject$pTmpBankrupt$pAddressList$l1$pHouseExt", "Value=1", ENDITEM,  
	"Name=$PpyWorkPage$pProject$pTmpBankrupt$pAddressList$l1$pUnitNum", "Value=1", ENDITEM,  
	"Name=$PpyWorkPage$pProject$pTmpBankrupt$pAddressList$l2$pPostalCode", "Value=109097", ENDITEM,  
	(omitted)
	"Name=$PpyWorkPage$pProject$pProcedureName", "Value=Инициирование", ENDITEM,  
	(omitted)
	LAST);

I can convert my scripts which text is in windows-1251 (cp1251) encoding to UTF8, but it has no impact on resulting encoding when requests sent to application under test. As well as "Convert To\From UTF8" from runtime settings.

System locale on loadgenerator machine connected to HP PC is EN (windows-1252, i guess).

Should i set default code page for ANSI characters in windows registry (HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage) to "1251" or change system locale completely? Any other solutions?

HP Loadrunner 12.53
HP ALM & PC 12.01

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: running scripts on perfomance center load generator

Can you run the same script in VuGen?
Can you run the same script in standalone LR Controller?

It seems to me that VuGen and Standalone LR have better "multi-lingual" support than PC.

I recall a case when a code page for a correlation rule with French characters was incorrectly updated.
Manual update of this file in Notepad solved this issue.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.