Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

save application data to a file?

Hi,
does anyone know a good way to write application data to a file?
Basically, I am testing a web application. A web page contains a booking reference (like '12345'). I can read these from the web page, with web_reg_save_param(). I would like to save all of these booking references to a file, like 'Booking_References.txt'.

Is there a good way to do this?

thanks!
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: save application data to a file?

I recommend using the Virtual Table server (VTS) to save your data. You can find a download in the self serve knowledge base.

It is a small database the works well with multiple vusers writing to it as opposed to a file. You can save out the data collected to a .csv file.

Alan

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM450195?searchIdentifier=9a0d3c3:128ce165ac1:502d&resultType=document&documentURL=KM450195&resultsURL=/selfsolve/documents&allowReturn=true
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, I'll look at that.
The alternative appears to be some quite annoying C programming!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

If by c programming you mean writing to a file with multiple users I would not waste my time. You would need to write to a single file for each vuser to ensure that you get all of your data. Using a single file with multiple users will result in either missing or corrupt data or reduced throughput as each user waits its turn to write to the file.

I went through this years ago. I switched to VTS. You could also use any other database.

Just sayin 😉

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Check here for a link to a decent VTS howto guide.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1378484

It has sample code and should help you get things set up quickly along with the help doc that comes with VTS.

Alan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.