Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

unable to record in Vugen 9.1 (Events not getting captured)

Hi All,

Our client is having a new application to be scripted in Vugen. The application details are:

1.Client server application
2.Communicating through JDBC protocol.
3.Database is SQL Server 2005.
4.Desktop (Exe based) application.
5.Front end is VB.

Please suugest which protocol should be used for scripting as i have tried but failed.
Any suggestion are welcome.

Regards,
Bishnu
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: unable to record in Vugen 9.1 (Events not getting captured)

Hi Bishnu,

What protocols have you tried? I would suggest try the Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol and in the recording select Win32 applications as your application type and provide the path of the exe file in the program to record. I have been successful in doing so for few of my applications. Hope this helps you too.

Thanks
Prashanth Thimmavajjala
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi Prasanth,

Thanks for reply. I had tried the Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol and in the recording also used Win32 applications as the application type and provided the path of the exe file in the program to record. But still i am unable to capture the events. Please suggest.

Regards,
Bishnu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Bishnu,

Try changing the capture level in the recording options > Port mapping to Socket level data and also try with the other options in the capture level.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi Prasanth,

I had tried Port mapping to Socket level data, but still not able to capture events.

Regards,
Bishnu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You will have to try with the WinSock protocol and record the flow.This would be the last option. You can try with the VBVuser protocol also but this would require manual coding using your application APIs.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi,

This was not possible as we are not getting any response from the server.

Regards,
Bishnu
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.