Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

uploading of file is not working

Hi
I am using loadrunner to check the performance of one of the oracle web applications. I have to obtain the response time when multiple users at a time start uploading of a file.
In this scenario, there are already file uploaded. so if the user wants to make some changes in the file, he first do the "check out" operation which releases the file. he then saves the file on desktop,make some changes in that file,save it and using "check in" option user uploads the file again.The check in operation after check out is compulsory. The script which I have generated is working fine for check out,but the sript is not recording the upload of a file. I have used the "oracle web applications 11i" as a protocol.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Use multiple protocol, means web and oracle web applications 11i.try with this.

Regards
Suman
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi suman,
The other web protocols are not compatible with the one I have used. It doesnot allow me to select other protocol with it...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi Sumun

LoadRunner records communication between client / server. Any work you do locally will not be captured by LoadRunner.

Can you please go into more detail after you click the check out button. What are you doing exactly after this? Do you select a directory to save locally? How are you saving the file? What exactly are the steps when you are uploading?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After I click on check out button,it directs me to a page where there is a check in button.when I click on it, a page appears where I have to upload a file.For this I have to browse from my PC. after I mention the path of the file, at the bottom of the same page,there is again a check in button. I have to click on it to upload the file.The script is not recording the path of the file which I have provided during recording. It is stops recording after I click on girst check in button.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi thats because LoadRunner cannot capture that. It will not capture what you do local on your machine so the recording there fails. You need to find a work around for uploading the file.
Send me your script and highlight the part where the check out and check in is taking place.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm have the same problem. Did you find a work around?

Thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.