Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

using parameter to evenly round robin vusers across IPs

I want to have each vuser instance for a particular script pointed at alternating IP addresses.

This seems impossible with parameters -- SEQUENTIAL+ONCE gives each vuser for that script the first row. If I save the value in init and use SEQ+OCCURRENCE, they all still start with the first row.

RANDOM+ONCE seems to be the only option -- but I don't want random. I want to ensure an even distribution.

I want vuser1 to get the 1st row, vuser2 to get the 2nd row, etc.

Any ideas?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: using parameter to evenly round robin vusers across IPs

using mod (%) and switch you can use the VuserID to round robin a list of values.
See attached a sample with 5 URLs.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I considered take the modulo of the vuser number, except that the vuser numbers are distributed fairly randomly -- so I might as well just pull a random line from the data file instead.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

if you have a set 300 users in your script you can easily set them to be 1 - 300.
in the Controller double click the group, then right-click the ID column (Run tab) and select Renumber.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.