Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

vuser_init

Hi,

I have somebasic doubts

Everyone said vuser_init contains code which executes only one time . so you can record ppl login into the system in vuser_init and log out in vuser end. I check online too this is the ans i got!!is this correct.

so i recorded the application which same logic
login - vuser_init
logout - vuser_end
action - checking flight details.

I had set up 4 user with diff user name and password in data file.

I controller i used the above script , set Vuser as 4.
When i ran , its only user i see (i constructed transaction name based on user name)

Could any one clarify these points plz

1) I assumed each VUser means Vuser_init+Action(s)+Vuser_end....am i wrong?
2) Why in controller i see only user name ?
3) i have set parameter updation for every iteration
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

What is vuser_init? Something to do with Performance Center?
What OS are you running? What application?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes vuser_init and vuser_end do execute only once in a script. Items between them (the actions) can be looped via run-time settings.

However for each iteration (a.k.a. a user path through the system) vuser_init, the actions, vuser_end each get executed.

BTW: Normally most people normally dont use vuser_init and vuser_end for login logouts.
Why? If a script fails it will typically execute vuser_end so a logout there may not be possible (but i digress)

Now for item 2. I assume in the controller you had 1 script in the scenario with a vuser count=4. I dont know what you mean by I see only user name. When the scrpt is running (via the controller) double click on the row in the scenario group - It will display a status of each user.

Now for Item 3. Add lr_vuser_status_message to display information to you when the controller is executing. That will give you a hint on what's really happening.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

If you want the user ids to be unique, you need to set the parameter update setting to unique and update only once. Please use the parameter simulator to determine how your settings will affect what data each vuser gets.

-Terri
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.