Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..
118 views

web_reg_finds fail on first iteration

I am using LR 9.51 and the Web(HTTP/HTML protocol for an application that uses AJAX. (AJAX Click and Script didnt work...that may be another thread question though..)

Anyway I have started with a relatively simple script that pretty much just logs in, completes some fields, and gets a quick quote on a loan. I added some web_reg_finds from the Tree View, by highlighting what I was interested in checking in the Server Response Body and adding the Text Checks that way.

I have correlated the script...I THINK correctly, but since I am running into some problems I am feeling less confident all the time.

My problem is that all of my web_reg_finds are failing, but only on the first iteration. I am relatively certain that vugen is interacting with the app correctly when the test is running..but I dont understand why I am seeing failures only on the first iteration while all others pass. Any ideas?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: web_reg_finds fail on first iteration

Hi Stephanie.... Check if response from the server during the first iteration is what you are expecting....

Turn the logs on and execute step by step using F10.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: web_reg_finds fail on first iteration

Also are you catching those AJAX calls in HTTP/HTML script???

They will be generated as custom requests.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: web_reg_finds fail on first iteration

well..honestly i'm a bit dazed and confused.
I ran the script again with all of the logging on. It appears to me that in the first iteration, I just get redirected back to login..which would explain why my text checks are failing, but I still dont understand why that is happening for only the first iteration.

I also am experimenting with an AJAX Click and Script script...the GUI script was not successful so I went to the URL based script using only custom requests...it seems a little better but I am still messing with that.

This app does make use of Telerik controls...does that have any affect on what could be happening?

I dont get it. When I initially tried the web click and script, vugen advised me to use the AJAX protocol. But I havent had too much success with that either.

My main problem is, I dont know what I dont know. So I cant ask concise questions I guess. But overall, Im pretty exasperated.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: web_reg_finds fail on first iteration

I would suggest you to re-look at the second request in your script that is causing the redirected page and observe if there are any session related values that might be hard-coded. Identify them and correlate them.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.