Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

winsock script - Mismatch in buffer's length

Hi,

While replaying a winsock script, I am getting the following error:

Mismatch in buffer's length (expected 36 bytes, 0 bytes actually received, difference in 36 bytes)

I am getting this error message after execution of every lrs_receive() statement. What could be the issue and how do i avoid it?

The other issue I am facing is when I correlate a value in the Text View by clearing the Read-only checkbox in the upper right corner, VuGen pops-up with an option for applying the correlation to all occurrences of the value in the script. When I select Yes option, I do not see the dynamic value in the lrs_receive buffer (in data.ws file) being replaced with the correlation parameter. I am manually doing a "Find-Replace All". Does this lead to any issue?

Looking forward to a quick response on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

- Prasad
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi prasad,

If you have error in the replay, It means that you probably don't parameterize enough your script to be understand by the server.

This is generally a problem of sessionId that change between recording and replay.

--
david
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.