truclient global event handler

Idea ID 2799736

truclient global event handler

0 Votes

It would be nice to have a "global" event handler that can be used against multiple truclient scripts

3 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi, 

Thank you for the feedbacks. Have one additional question, do you expect the global event handler should be implement like the general settings? It will be automatic applied into every scripts in the current machine?

Best regards, 

Edwin

Visitor..
Visitor..

Not sure where is the best place.

Maybe move event handlers to the library section so it can be invoked from toolbox or create another separate file (similar to library) for event handlers? Having only 1 file for both would be nicer.

How are recovery scenarios in UFT designed? Maybe follow some of that architecture. 

It would be nice to be able to add an event from the script as as step. This would give more control. I guess that is a separate  request, currently I cannot easily see which steps may have event handlers. I need to go to the editor, it would be nice to have event handler info (step) as part of the development view where all the steps are. 

Hi,

Thank you for the detail informtion. We will definitly add these requests into our future development.

Best regards, 

Edwin

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.