Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

12.02 VUgen runtime settings error

VuGen12.02 while closing the runtime settings getting the below errors. 

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: 12.02 VUgen runtime settings error

Hello apve03,

Please try openning the VuGen by right click and run as administrator.

Does the script was recorded on VuGen 12.02 as well?

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Yes this script was recorded in VuGen v12.02. As per your suggestion, I've opened the Vugen tool "as administrator"  and open the script from the tool. I did not see this error while closing runtime settings.

But there is no way I can open the Vugen script directly as administrator. I was getting error while closing runtime settings.

Thanks,

Venkat Appineni.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

This issue is regarding privilages, so my best suggestion at this point is to be sure that you are using a full admin account in order to open your scipts, or if you don't want to always right clicking and running as administrator, you can set on the VuGen properties (After right click on the VuGen) >> Advanced >> Run as administrator, to always run as administrator.

Please see attached

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I am having administrator access. Your suggestion works if we open VuGen Icon and open script from the tool itself.

It seems there is an issue with runtime settings if we open the script directly.

Thanks,

Venkata Appineni.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I've never seen that one before. Sounds like permissions.

Can you go to the E: drive directly and create a new text file?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Yes, I am able to create text file on E: drive.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Can you open that .ini file it refers to by hand in Notepad or another text editor? I wonder if it got corrupted?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I thought one of the big "features" of version 12 was that you didn't have to be a local administrator to run the tool??

If the solution to a lot of these issues is to run as administrator, why not make that a prereq for the tool? And if you ARE supposed to be able to run the tool without admin rights, maybe the tool needs to be using a non-protected area to write these files.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Are you connected to ALM Performance Centre?

If so can you

a) Disconnect from ALM. 

b) Close LoadRunner.

c) Open LoadRunner via the Script method. (Double click the script on local drive) 

Do NOT connect to ALM,

Re Test the Runtime Settings,  Does this work?

Next Open LoadRunner Controller on the Local Workstation.  Do NOT connect to ALM.

Check the Runtime settings via the Controller,  Do you recieve any messages about the Script or Scenario?

I have experenced similar issues.

Most of the issues i encounter are related to Microsoft Process Security Changes

I do not need to use LoadRunner 12.02 as an Administrator.  I use Power User rights and it all work.

I have Generators set up as services,  The services use Power User rights and I have No issues.

With ALM and Performance Centre another layer is added to LoadRunner,  with another layer comes complexity. 

I found that if I use ALM insted of Performance Centre some of the issues I experence disapear.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Indeed LoadRunner does not require admin privileges to operate. There are few very specific use cases that require elevated privileges but these are few and are listed in the readme (see 'Permissions' section).

However every environment and every non-admin user we see is different from the other. User can be a limited user but still have permissions for read/write on a specific drive. On the other hand a user can be admin but still have restricted access to another folder.

For troubleshooting purposes we always suggest to try admin privileges.

I would love to understand if the same exact script is working properly when opened and edited from the Desktop, for example.

Igor Markov
R&D Manager, Performance Engineering Core
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.