UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class
3653 views

A web_reg_save_param is being ignored like it's not even there

Hi,

 

In VUGEN 11.04.0.0, I have about 15 web_reg_save_param statements for one web_url call. I just added one and it's as though it's not there when I run it in VUGEN and check the log. I've tried moving it around, etc., and oddly enough, if I make the arguments the same as the web_reg_save_param above it, it works. I could then change the RB. But then i tried changing the LB to anything (what it should be, or even things like just the letter "L" to test) and it's again completely ignored.

 

So in the code below, I made LBItemID have the same arguments as KalturaCollectionID and it works (well, properly fails to find anything in the example I'm using), and I can change anything else except the LB. If I change the LB I get the Replay Log entries as at bottom of this post.

 

One additional bit of info: this is in an include file which is shared by many scripts.

 

Here're the final 2 web_reg_save_param statements and the web_url call (yes our test data is weird, about foods), with the relevant Replay Log lines below:

 

---------------

... (13 other web_reg_save_param, all have been working fine)

 

web_reg_save_param("KalturaCollectionID",

"LB=collectionId=",

"RB=\"",

"RelFrameId=1.1",

"Search=Body",

//"IgnoreRedirections=No",

"NotFound=Warning",

LAST);

 

web_reg_save_param_("LBItemID",

"LB=lessonbuilder.sakaiproject.org/",

"RB=/\">Panang Curry Subpage",

"NotFound=Warning",

LAST);

 

web_url("Open Tool", 

"URL={{siteURL}}/portal/site/{{SiteID}}/page/{{PageID}}", 

"Resource=0", 

"RecContentType=text/html", 

"Referer={{siteURL}}/portal", 

"Mode=HTML", 

EXTRARES, 

"Url=/ctlib/skin/neo-ctools/images/context-logo-p.png", "Referer={{siteURL}}/ctlib/skin/neo-ctools/portal.css", ENDITEM, 

"Url=/library/js/jquery-ui-latest/css/smoothness/images/ui-bg_flat_75_ffffff_40x100.png", "Referer={{siteURL}}/library/js/jquery-ui-latest/css/smoothness/jquery-ui.css", ENDITEM, 

LAST);

 

--- and here's the log entry for that last bit ...

 

C:\\Program Files (x86)\\HP\\LoadRunner\\include/ctools_navigation_double_brace_params.h(464): Warning -26377: No match found for the requested parameter "KalturaCollectionID". Check whether the requested boundaries exist in the response data. Also, if the data you want to save exceeds 1024 bytes, use web_set_max_html_param_len to increase the parameter size  [MsgId: MWAR-26377]

 C:\\Program Files (x86)\\HP\\LoadRunner\\include/ctools_navigation_double_brace_params.h(464): web_url("Open Tool") highest severity level was "warning", 1067982 body bytes, 12143 header bytes  [MsgId: MMSG-26388]

 C:\\Program Files (x86)\\HP\\LoadRunner\\include/ctools_navigation_double_brace_params.h(477): Notify: Transaction "Open Tool "Lesson Builder"" ended with "Pass" status (Duration: 3.2520 Wasted Time: 0.3555).

 

-------------

 

as you can see, nothing at all about LBItemID. I've tried changing it to a web_reg_save_param_ex and interestingly, when I accidentlally misspelled "ParamName=" it complained, but when I properly spelled it, it again ignored the statement like it wasn't there.

 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello!

 

I think there is a syntax error. In the last command there is an underscore after the command name. See both lines:

 

web_reg_save_param("KalturaCollectionID",
web_reg_save_param_("LBItemID",

 

This may be the reason.

 

Regards

Thomas

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi... actually the underscore showed up in cutting and pasting and wasn't there originally. However, I think this was a combination of it not working properly for reasons unknown the first time and me having somehow turned logging down... I had had logging turned up to record all parameter substitutions, but I checked this AM and somehow had turned it back down so it was actually only telling me when it failed (and my screwing around with different values must have inadvertently been finding things on the page to substitute in).

 

I'll go drink more coffee now. Apologies, all.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.