Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

AJAX TruClient IE v11 : Handle SSO login

HI,

We are using 12.50 LR version, Ajax Truclient IE protocol to record an application which is SSO enabled. It means, as soon as application' URL is launched in IE browser, it sign-in using windows credentials. In case of our Truclient IE record and replay, it picks my windows credentials and plays back, but inorder to make this script work with other User IDs, is our show stopper.

While recording in IE we dont see any Pop-up or dailog box asking for user credentials. In the script step as well, we dont see paramters. So when we replay, it picks the machine local credentials and tries to login. But my requirement is to make the script workable with whatever User IDs i pass it from external file(Parameter file).

is there a solution to handle SSO authentication simulating more than one user ID.

Is there a way to change settings of Truclient IE version to enable windows dailog prompt for user credentials

Thanks

Sharath

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: AJAX TruClient IE v11 : Handle SSO login

Hi,

Can you please try adding Generic Browser Action step from the toolbox and change its' action from Navigate to Dialog - Authenticate?  The step should be located right after the navigate step that triggers the dialog. The navigate step end event should be Dialog Opened.

If the authentication dialog is not opened at all you will need to change a setting in the registry. In such case I believe it is better to open a ticket and let HPE support do it for you.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Hi Shlomi,

Well as you mentioned below, i tried adding the additional step to pass user credentials if Authentication dialog pop up during replay.

Thing is, during replay pop up wont come, as soon as Launch URL steps executes, user sign in using my windows ID.

I will open a ticket with HPE.

Thanks

Sharath

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sharath,

There is a specific registry key that needs to be modified in the TruClient IE registry branch.

Please share this post with the support team in order to shorten the handling procedure.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Thanks Shlomi. I believe this will help Support team.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.