Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

AJAX TruClient and how to deal with Authentication

We have an application that is very heavy with AJAX and javascript.  The protocol advisor recommends TruClient.  The script records however it does not pick up the firewall authentication window where it asks for username (i.e. domain/username) and password (i.e. domain password).  Normally when we use web protocol we get the prompt to add this info at the end of the recording and it plugs in the "web_set_user()" function with he proper info.   When I replay the script the script fails at the first Navigate step and in my Firefox window I'm seeing the Authentication pop-up.  

How can I get TruClient to either supply this info similar to "web_set_user()" or bypass or surpress this Authentication popup that is coming from our firewall?

0 Likes
16 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: AJAX TruClient and how to deal with Authentication

Possible Solution:

4) NTLM authentication -

Some applications when accessed on Mozilla, demand NTLM authentication. If these steps appear while recording, they don’t get recorded. Hence while replaying, due to the absence of these steps, the application fails to perform the intended transactions.

To avoid a situation in which an application asks for NTLM authentication while recording and replaying, one has to specify the application as a trusted NTLM resource. To make that, follow these steps.

1) Open the file “user.js” located in “%lr_path%\dat\LrWeb2MasterProfile”
2) Locate the preference setting “network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted.uris”
3) Specify the URL of the trusted resource as the value of this setting
4) Save the file “user.js”

These changes are done only where the VuGen is used to develop the script. These changes get saved with the script and apply on different machines during load tests.

Source Reference:  AJAX TruClient - Tips and Tricks Part 2 - great reference swaraj gupta is awesome

http://www.perftesting.co.uk/ajax-truclient-tips-and-tricks-part-ii/2012/05/02/

To tell somebody that they are wrong is called criticism. To do so officially is called testing.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

In my case the application I'm accessing is https://mytestURL.domain.gov/xxxxxx/xxxxx.  The problem that I'm seeing is that it appears that the NTLM authentication is coming from my company's firewall or proxy (i.e. company-proxy.domain.gov).  When I enter the value for the "("network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris", "")" should it be "mytestURL" or "company-proxy.domain.gov?

Manually to access "mytestURL" via Firefox the NTLM Authentication prompts pops-up but if I hit cancel a few times...I'm taking to the site without any issues. Is this more of an issue with our security proxy?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Have you set your TruClient FF Browser Proxy Settings?

Vugen

- Click Run-time settings

- Click Load mode Browser Settings

- For Proxy is that configured correctly

also in the Develop script setting

- Click Develop Script

- Click TruClient General Settings

- Under Browser Settings for the Proxy Selection

- Is that configured correctly?

To tell somebody that they are wrong is called criticism. To do so officially is called testing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

1. Hi Team,

I am also using Ajax TruClient protocol for recording my application and it asks for authentication, I tried adding URL as trusted in user.js file as suggested. But it is not working for me.

I also tried creating user defined function in C-fucntions.c file and calling web_set_user() function in that and using Evaluated C in interactive mode of Ajax Script but still its not working for me.

Can you please let me know what could be the possible solution for this?

Is there any different function for NTLM authenication in Ajax TruClient with same functionality as web_set_user()?

Thanks,

Kamal Shingala

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Kamal,

Have you been able to resolve this problem, if yes can you tell me how because I have a similar problem.

Regrads,

Deepak

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Are you looking to supply proxy authentication credentials? If so, this is the solution:

1. In the url address field in Firefox, enter about:config.
2. Click the I'll be careful, I promise! button.
3. In the Filter field, enter network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies.
4. Right click network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies and select Toggle. This changes the value to false.
5. Record the initial navigation step again. You also need to record entering the Proxy Authetication username and password, you will notice this is recorded as "sub steps" under the navigation step. You record authentication as you will be prompted on every iteration of the "Action".

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I am facing this issue in "TruClient AJAX -IE" protocol. In "TruClient AJAX - FIrefox" its working fine.

Regards,

Deepak

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

did your authentication problem got resovled ... please let me know. i am having this problem now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You can try the following:

1. Internet Explorer-> Tools->Options-> Security->Custom Level, under User Authentication set "Prompt for user name and password". 

2. Restart Internet Explorer

3. Try to record in TruClient IE browser and check if the authentication pop up will appear.

Kind regards,

HPE Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

To avoid proxy authentication poup in firefox just follow these steps:

1. In the url address field in Firefox, enter about:config.
2. Click the I'll be careful, I promise! button.
3. In the Filter field, enter network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies.
4. Right click network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies and select Toggle. This changes the value false to true and your are good to go to avoid the proxy authentication popup. popup will not show again.

enjoy!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi, 

I tried all the above solutions and I still see the pop up during the recording and replay process. any updated sulotion is much appreciated.

FYI ... I am using Ajax TruClientIE

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.