Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Abnormal termination, caused by mdrv process termination.

Hi,

I am trying to run a load test on 12.02 version of controller and have 4 LG's connected to distribute the load across evenly.

The issue I am facing is that when I start the test, after few transactions(say login to website) users start failing with below error:

"Abnormal termination, caused by mdrv process termination."

"Error: The remote host's status is 'Failed'. Check the remote host machine [and verify that it has not crashed]. [MsgId: MERR-29722]"

This doesn't happen at same point for each run. I checked if for some reason LG connection was lost, but I don't see any issue there. Checked CPU/Memory on LG as well and no issue there as well.

Same load from other set of scripts works fine.

Anyone faced this issue?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Abnormal termination, caused by mdrv process termination.

Hi,

Which protocol are you using? 

Do you see any error in the Vuser log files?

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Check if you have manual alloc() and free() operations that doesn't match. Misstakes in memory  management in scripts will give you symptoms like this (Among many other things)

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Good point. And assumning you haven't done anything like that ... I see that kind of error every once in a while. If you haven't bounced the load generators in a while definitely do that. And try to get them to be running as few other pieces of software as possible.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.