Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Access a password encrypted dat/csv file

We have been give a directive to encrypt and password protect all of our data files.  My question is, can LoadRunner access a password encrypted dat file or csv file.  I have looked at some documentation and talks about encrypted password but nothing about the file.  Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Larry

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I never read anything about (parameter) data encription/decription. You might handle the en/description yourself, but you will loose the parameter UI functionality in VuGen.

You might explore Virtual Table Server to store your (parameter) data. As fas as I know it has https access.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Larry,

Do you have any control of this encryption? What type of encryption is it? File system on my computer is encrypted as well but when I open a file I see the data in plain text and the encryption is transparent to LoadRunner.

If the data is encrypted, you will need to decrypt the data first and then read it in LoadRunner.

Regards,

Shlomi

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.