Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Access test results via ALM connection in LoadRunner Analysis API

I've set up an automated process that runs a set of tests, processes the results via LR Analysis, and saves the data in a SQL Server database.  I've started exploring the LR Analysis API options.  One thing I noticed in the GUI, is the ability to get the test result directly from the ALM server, via the Tools->HP ALM Connection option, and then File->Open with the Test Lab option.  I'd like to do that via the API, so that I don't have to download and unzip the results, but I can't figure out how to do it.

The documentation leaves something to be desired.  I see the list of classes, but not a lot on how to use them.  I have been able to open the .lrr file, and create a .lra file.  What I'd like to be able to do is open the test results via ALM without downloading the results zip file, expanding it, and THEN opening the .lrr file.  I don't see a method on the Session class that allows me to do that.  I did find a protected method, InternalOpen, on the LrAnalysis class, but don't think it's what I want/need.

I'm currently using version 11.00 of LR.

Marc Robertson

Software Development Architect

DST Technologies

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Marc!

When you execute a load test via ALM on your controller machine the complete test results remain local on your controller. There is some temporary directory for this. I sometimes use this if the upload to ALM after the load test fails. To find out the path for the actual test you only need to open the log for a virtual user. In the lower border of the window you can see the location of the log file. The result will also be saved there.

If you execute a search for a file name with the result name you should find the path also.

Regards

Thomas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Marc,

So far Analysis doesn't have APIs to work with ALM. We will take it with our Functional Architect to implement it in future versions.

Thanks,

Sergey

-----
Sergey Kutsos | LoadRunner QA
LoadRunner - Your performance, Our passion!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Marc,

As a workaround you can use ALM OTA API (HP ALM Open Test Architecture API) to implement the missing functionality: connection to ALM and download Run Results/Analysis session; then continue with Analysis API.

Regards,

Sergey

-----
Sergey Kutsos | LoadRunner QA
LoadRunner - Your performance, Our passion!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.