Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Add File upload from Windows Explorer to TruClient Recording

I have a ASP.NET web application that I'm using TruClient to record a process that selects a zip file from Windows Explorer on a locat drive.  As stated in many places in this forum and other resources this process is not just recorded without issue.  As shown in several places I have tried to use the Set full file path on filebox which I captured using this site (http://nervgh.github.io/pages/angular-file-upload/examples/simple/) since the app I'm using would not record the file path.  This did not help.  My guess is the file upload html used in the app is not compatible with using this route.  Is there another route I could take here using a function or javacript here?  Let me know if more details are needed.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Add File upload from Windows Explorer to TruClient Recording

Hi,

Did you try disabling the step that triggers opening the Windows Explorer and keeping only the Set File Path? In many cases it is enough and the file is properly uploaded.

Please watch this Webinar around the 50th minute

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shlomi,

Yes, I did watch that webinar to know how to the Set File path and it's actually where I got that web site to even get the recorded step added to my script.   I added a new step to my script by putting in that angular site URL and recorded the file selection in order to get the Set File Path logic in there since the site I'm recording won't reconigize the file selected. I definitely have the opening of Windows Explorer step diabled so it's not doing that.  And I get this all to work no problem using that angular example site.  However, there seems something quite different in how the web application I trying to record does the file selection since it's not recognizing the set file path.  I could try to attached the HTML of the site if that may help here.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Set file path updates the input tag which holds the value of the file that is about to be uploaded. (e.g. <input type=file ... /> )

I guess that in your application this input tag is being added to the DOM only after the Windows Explorer dialog is closed with rhe file selection. In such cases there is a need to try workaround using JavaScript code that will add this input tab to the DOM without opening the Windows Explorer dialog or allow interaction with the Windows Explorer dialog using C code. In both cases I believe you will need HPE support help. I suggest opening a ticket.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.