Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Add load generator in szenario

Hello everybody,

we have a problem when adding a load generator.

In our scenario we have 2 load generators, one of them is the controller and the other is a load generator. On both of them Vuser should be generated and go through the action. Our problem with adding the load generator is that the connection is established, but the Vuser will not go through the action.

There is no informative error message and that's how the question comes up.

What went wrong when adding the load generator? The processes (LR Agent Process and LR generator) run on the load generator and show the access to the controller. What will be the problem there? Both systems are Windows and connected to the network via LAN.

Must settings such as Terminal Services Session (Terminal Services Manager) be maintained for a successful scenario? (to illustrate the concern a screenshot from the tool)

What should be considered when adding a load generator?

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Add load generator in szenario

Hi Markus, 

maybe the problem is in the script loaded: what is the protocol used? Does the script have a loop inside its algorytm? 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Welcome back,

We developed the script in the Tru-client. And use a for loop in the script to avoid using it in the background of the application.

Is it due to the loop that the added load generator does not simulate the action?

Does anyone know a good description of the process of adding a load generator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Markus, 

try to disable "Simulate a new user on each iteration", under "Runtime settings -> Replay" window. In add, if the loop is in the "Action" section, set parameter fetch as "Unique / Each iteration" instead of "Sequential", then try to run the script and let me know if this can fix the problem. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hello,

The first point I could apply. The second point has problems. I can not set the execution logic from sequential to unique. Do you mean the point in the screenshot, which should be set to unique?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I think the "Simulate a new user" check can resolve the problem about the blank visualization on action. Have you try to run a test after this step? What's the response?

For the second point, I mean the fetch phase about data input: if you have a loop cycle in the "Action" section, I suggest you to use "Unique" as fetch method for input; so you have to click on "Parameters" icon, then choose "Unique / Each iteration" on the bottom of the pop-up menu, under "Select next row / Update value on" forms down list. 

Let me know if this can fix the issue, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Is the care parameter mandatory in a fairly simple test?

Even if the first point is deactivated, the action on the load generator will not be executed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's not mandatory, just a suggestion to use all data input in the test and not just the first item. 

About the generator execution, can you send an image from the Controller so we can see the issue? 

Thanks, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Our szenario should be / is:

Notebook 1 should serve as a controller. Notebook 2 is intended as a load generator.

Load generator added with existing Terminal Services session. Active running LR Agent Process and LR Generator with notification message in taskbar. On both notebooks 5 Vusern are to be simulated at the current time. An approach from the scenario can be seen in the picture. Can the problem be to create a new session where the domain must be specified?

The list of load generators lists both notebook 1 and notebbok 2 with status ready / active. At this time, users are running on the controller, but not on the added load generator.

If the loop in the script should be the problem, then the action should also not be executed by the users on the controller right or?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Markus, 

if the problem is circumscribeed only in one generator (the "external" one, the other one is the localhost machine, right?) then we can assume that the script is ok, because, as you said, the execution goes right on the controller machine. So, maybe can we suppose that the other one generator have an obsolete version of the browser used in the script? What's the protocol have you used for registration?

Are you sure that the agent setup is correctly installed? Can you try to use another machine for a new installation and use that one as "new" load generator?

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Both computers are running the same version. The only difference is that one with Windows 10 and the other running Windows 7.

Can this be the problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Mmmm...I don't know exactly. I think if there were any version errors, a message would appear during agent installation. Even so, I suggest you try to make a run on another generator with the same o.s. version of your localhost (if this is the "correct" machine, in with the Action section can be executed). Have you the possibility to use another load generator for this test?

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.