Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Adding file to Vugen script

Is there any limitations on how many files can be added to vugen scrtip?

I am trying to add about 5000 files and vugen get crash. I have alternative way of loading files to LG machine, but just wanted to check if there any real number limitations on loading files to Vugen script.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Adding file to Vugen script

Hi,

Why do you need to add so many files? I think it is better addressing it from the Load Generator to avoid copy of the files from one machine to another - it will slow down Vusers initialization for sure regardless of the impact on VuGen.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

You can put the files in a sub-directory of your script-folder and load them via C-code.

To be sure that they will be pushed to your LG from controller you need to add the directory from the controller to your scenario:

Take Details of your Group (on Design tab), open More, tab 'Files' add the directory. It has unfortunate to be full path.

This creates a configuration file in your script folder 'extra_f.lr'.

I think this does not work for Performance Center.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

In order to it properly and once for either LR or PC you should include extra files in VuGen and then these files are marked as runtime and will be considered by both PC and Controller.

But again, the original point was about adding 5K files. That does not make sense and needs to be addressed differently.

Regards,

Shlomi

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.