Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Agent for Microsoft Terminal Server LR 12.02

Hi All,

I am unable to get installation files for Agent for Microsoft Terminal Server for  Load Runner 12.02 .

I have not found  it in the additional components , but need installation files to execute SAP GUI tests 

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Agent for Microsoft Terminal Server LR 12.02

Why do you need Agent for Microsoft Terminal Server? SAP GUI scripts can be executed from machine, provided check the memory/space on your machine to rampup the users.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

we would need 1000 users load to test ,memory wont suffice alternative provided was terminal services mode , so need installation 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

So ur req is to test 1000 users using sap gui protocol?
Is that not easy to spin up the lg machines to accomdate 1000 users? Even with terminal services i am assuming u cannot spin up ur expected users.

I think easg option to run sap gui is to create lg machine and distrubute users accordingly.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

I have two LG machines with 16 Gb RAM but still could not achieve more than 300 users , so I saw the concept of terminal services and was wondering how to use it , as I didnt get any of that as additional component in the installtion package .

I converted the process of agent from Service to Process , but still it fails are terminal services are not created.

I further learnt that terminal services  needs to be installed in Controller 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Terminal services will allow multiple users to open gui connection on LG machine. But it won't allow running 1000 users. on single machine. You still need to spin up LG machine.

See below from Help notes:

Terminal Sessions. Machines running SAP GUI Vusers may be limited in the number of Vusers that can run, due to the graphic resources available to that machine. To increase the number of Vusers per machine, open additional terminal server sessions on the Load Generator machines. Select Agent Configuration from Start > All Programs > <product_name> > Advanced Settings, and select the Enable Terminal Service option. You specify the number of terminal sessions in the Load generator machine properties. For more information, see Configuring Terminal Services Settings in the (Undefined variable: ProjectVariables.Controller user Guide).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Creating multiple terminal sessions is required when someone wants to run multiple UFT Vusers on the same  LG. In such use case the LG HW specification is important but not vital for scaling a few Vusers.

In your use case, if you wish to scale many SAP GUI Vusers 16 GB RAM machine is not a good fit for multiple terminal sessions. A terminal session can help overcome the GDI objects limit that Windows have on a Windows session level. Opening multiple sessions ensures the GDI limit is scaled out for each session. But on a 16 GB RAM machine you will most likely reach memory bottleneck earlier.

To scale 1000 SAP GUI Vusers you should have multiple LGs. Each LG should have 64 GB RAM or 128 GB and then you can invoke multiple terminal sessions on each. That will be a good infrastructure for running scaled SAP GUI 

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

@snps

Enable Terminal services at load genrator end is done , but need to get the terminal services configured in controller, wher i learnt that from additional components of the installation files , there would be agent for Terminal services  installtion which needs to be installed in Controller .

i would need that installation file for installtion in controller , so that we can establish terminal connections as currently , terminal connections are not getting established and getting mmdrv .exe cannot be created 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

@Shlomi Nissim

I willg et the ram scaled up to 64 Gb , but can you tell me how to get the terminal sessions created and enabled succesfully from controller in the LG machine .

Because currently I am getting error that mmdrv.exe process cannot be created and due to which terminal services are not triggered at all thought i have LR process runnign as Process instead of services.

if you can guide me on how to run SAP GUI tests with terminal services enabled , it would be of great help as I am unable to get clear documentation .

I have enabled terminal services and firewall in the load generator machines , but still it fails in the controler when I select option in run setitngs as enable terminal sesisons 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Please see this blog post. It is about TruClient but the termimal services configuration is applicable for any protocol.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

@Shlomi Nissim

Cannot open the link provided , it says permission issues 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

@Umakasturi, it is working for me. Not sure what is the issue.

I suggest contacting Micro Focus support team, they have this info as well. Share this post with them to speed up their answer.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.