Highlighted
Visitor.

Ajax TruClient Firefox script not getting initiated from PC

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using loadrunner 12.01 to record the truclient script which works fine locally for multiple iterations but nothing happens when I try to run from PC (PFA). It was working fine before but recently HP added a patch  - LG software upgrades ( LRLG_00087 and LRLG_05000 ) after which firefox scripts stopped working where as IE scripts works fine. Looking for some directions to  try and resolve the issue. 

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: Ajax TruClient Firefox script not getting initiated from PC

Jump to solution

After discussing with HP, I had to uninstall the patches to get it work again. The truClient files was not compatible with current PC version. HP suggested to upgrade to newer version to avoid this in future.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you pelease share the link from which you have downloaded the patch from?

Do you have VuGen installed installed on that machine where it fails? If so did you try launching the browser from VuGen? what is the outcome?

Can you copy firefox folder from LG_PATH\bin to C:\Temp and then laynch firefox from there to check its' version? Please share a screenshot of the about window. Do not open the browser from LG_PATH\bin\firefox directly since it might cause an upgrade wihich will cause TruClient Firefox not to work.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for your response.

I downloaded the patch from performance center's download application (pls find below). I have VuGen installed on the LG machine i'm trying to run the test from. I can run the script successfully without any issue locally. Recently found out that the issue is with th,e action part, when i copy the steps to init i'm able to see transactions getting executed successfully.

Load Generator 12.01 LR Patch 3
This Patch is required to insure proper functionality with the latest PC 12.01 PC Patch 3.

Load Generator patch 3 Hotfixes
This Hotfix Patch LRLG_05000.exe is to resolve multiple known issues.

True Client FireFox Fix for 12.01
This Hotfix is to resolve the issues running and recording True Client Firefox issues after the LoadRunner patch update.

Vugen Patch 3 Hotfixes
This Hotfix Patch LRVUG_00157.exe is to resolve multiple known issues with Scripting Tru-client.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can try running a script with Wait step only in the Action section? Does it fail as well?

If the "Wait step script" runs properly check whether the "New User Simulation" Run Time Setting option is configured correctly in the scripts that do fail

In any case I suggest opening a ticket in order to get help in parallel to this thread.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi Sholmi,

Even the wait steps didn't work. Its working fine when I run it locally but not from Performance Center, only Init part runs from PC but not Action. I tried creating scripts in both the versions  of TcFFIPCSettingsMngr.dll - 12.0.4205.0 and 12.0.4422.0, still the same result.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

After discussing with HP, I had to uninstall the patches to get it work again. The truClient files was not compatible with current PC version. HP suggested to upgrade to newer version to avoid this in future.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear you are behind it

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

I've similar Issue, where I've migrated the scripts using the script converter. 

We have Scripts created in TruClient AJAX -Firefox 11.52 version. As we upgraded our Performance Center from 11.52 to 12.50, upgraded the VUGen as well as the scripts using the script converter available in 12.50.

The scripts upgraded and executed from the VUGen successfully, however, while executed from the Performance Center, none of the migrated scripts executed. whereas the scripts created in TruClient Web executed successfully. 

The following errors reported in the PC.

Abnormal termination, caused by mdrv process termination.

Error: The remote host's status is 'Failed'. Check the remote host machine [and verify that it has not crashed]. [MsgId: MERR-29722]

~Sam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Samarendra,

As a temporary workaround please open the default.cfg file of the script, search for an entry called UseThreads and change it to 1. That should solve this issue.

Contact HPE support to get an hotfix for it.

Regards,

Shlomi

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.