Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Ajax TruClient Issue

I have imported my user cert into firefox and set an exception for my test URL.  I have done the same thing in the Truclient settings in VuGen.

If I open firefox and go to my URL, I have no problems using the app.

If I try to record using Ajax Truclient, I get page in firefox indicating there is a security issue.  I click to accept the risk and then confirm the exception.  I see a message indicating my server is not a trusted resource.

Why can I do this through Firefox directly and not through LR.

Barry

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Did you check the Network Connection Settings? Some times the Configure Proxies to Access the Internet may cause this problem. Try selecting No proxy or provide the test environment specific proxy at Automatic proxy configurations URL location. I had a similar issue and changed it to No proxy and it fixed the problem.

If the problem still occurs then you will have to imported the user cert into Firefox via the TrueClient browser and save the settings.

Good luck

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Tried that and it failed.  See the attached error.  I have imported the user cert into truclient. 

Barry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Barry,

How did you import the user cert into TrueClient, My case, the developer gave me a different URL which I opened it from the TrueClient browser I accepted the certification and saved it. Then I opened my test URL and it worked.

(Optional: I have attached a simple documents to add the certificate  for a site manually)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I don't get the certs from the site.  I have P12 files for each user that I import into FF from that same screen in your document

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Its very difficult to add the P12 files for each user that you import into FF (TrueClient Browser).  I spent hours to figure this out, I could not figure out why it will not work in LoadRunner when it works in the regular FF browser. I opened a HP support case for this, they told me to make sure that the current TrueClient Browser version is compatible with application you are testing. A few  applications use the latest version of Firefox or older version of Firefox which is not supported by TrueClient. 

I remember that that HP case agent updated a few FF files in the C:\ HP folder and Trueclient browser setting on my machines.

Please keep me posted if you find a solution for this problem.

-good luck

Arjun

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

What I did as a work around, is opening Ajax Firefox browser. I do not click on the record button yet, and navigate to the page, I accept the certificate and then I start the recording and navigate again to the page. As a result the certificate is already imported, but you'll see to navigation steps on your script, just delete the first one and you're done.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.