Highlighted
Visitor.

Ajax TruClient for IE script not works on BPM 9.52.101

MY ENVIRONMENT

• TruClient Replay (build 0324) for LoadRunner 12.63.0, build 0399. OS: Windows 2016, Browser: IE 11.3442.0.14393
  • BPM 9.52.101 installed on Windows Server 2016
  • Internet Explorer 11
  • Vugen 12.63.323.0

ISSUE DESCRIPTION

I recorded login and steps to verify if my web application works correctly.

Web application uses a javascript and there are a few ajax requests. I can replay the script without any problem on both a developer and "read only" mode on my MF Vugen 12.63.323.0 on the same machine where MF BPM 9.52.101 was installed.

The script dosn't work when I try to replay it by MF BPM. I see only a navigation bar without countent that is generated by javascript.

TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS

1. I disabled Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration as was mentioned in this article: https://admhelp.microfocus.com/tc/en/2020/Content/TruClient/Known-Issues.htm.
  2. I rebooted windows server where BPM and Vugen was installed.
  3. I tried to use TruClient for Chromium and FF without luck. The web application supports only Internet Explorer.
  4. I verified an extend log and I see that assets and javascripts were downloaded with  success state.

CHECKLIST

1. Can I replay the script in the MF Vugen "read only" mode? - YES.
  2. Can I replay the script in the MF Vugen developer mode? - YES.
  3. Can I replay the script by mdrv.exe? - YES
  4. Can I replay the script by MF BPM? - NO.

CONCLUSIONS

I think that the problem is that some javascript methods are not invoked correctly when MF BPM runs the script. Maybe some javascript errors occured during a replay.

How can I capture javascript console messages and redirects them to the file or just print them on the output stream.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Labels (5)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Ajax TruClient for IE script not works on BPM 9.52.101

Hi @manta01,

According to BPM document

If you have an earlier version of VuGen installed, you need to uninstall it before installing the current version. VuGen can be installed on the same machine as BPM, provided that it is installed after BPM has been installed.

Please check if VuGen is installed after BPM.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.