Ajax TruClient function library update issue
We are using PC/ALM 11.5x and VuGen 11.5x and i ran into this issue.
How to add a new function to an existing Global Library”. For Example, let’s say
- User created a function “Login” and saved it in “Flight” library.
- Exported the Flight library to local machine.
- Created a new Ajax TruClient firefox script and in this new script imported “Flight” library.
- User want to create another function “Logout” and add it to this existing “Flight” library. Right now when user try to create a new function, it does not give you the option to update the global library. User have the option to save this function into a new library only. I understand that user should not be allowed to update the Global library. But once the global function library is created, how a user can add more functions by including already recorded application steps to this library?
Also, can we save this global library into Test Resources Module in ALM? Is there any to copy function form one local library and paste it to a global library?
We are also in the process of upgrading to PC/ALM/VuGen 12+. Do we have any of these features in version 12.x.
You should be able to save global library and when you save it should prompt you about message like -
"Global library is about to be overridden" with choice to OK or Cancel button.
Once saved changes should be reflected in all other scripts where its referenced.
I don't think there is any direct option as of now where you can link ALM resources in the scripts but good to check with HP support if there is any way to achieve this.
1. First you can add new functions to existing function libraries whether they are local or global. In both cases you need to click on the "New Function" button in the function libraries toolbar. If this is a global function library it should be imported first.
2. At the moment the right location to save global function library is on a shared location in the network and not on ALM. TruClient does not suppoort storing function library as a Test Resource nor does it have direct integration with ALM. Since the global function library is referenced from the script and loaded into memory when the script opens the global function library should be accessible by any VuGen or Load Generator machine opening/running the script
3. Starting version 12.0 user can copy steps from global function library to the action and vice versa. So... if you wish to copy steps from local function library to a global one you can do that by copying the steps to the action first and then to the global unction library. It might work even directly, do not remember 🙂
4. Starting 12.01 user can export individual steps from a script and import them to another
Hope it helps