Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ajax True Client protocol not waiting for a transaction to complete

Hi Team,

When we ran a ajax true cleint sript in VUGEN mode, it is not waiting until the transaction to complete and we are getting the response times as 0.0002 seconds and in manual check it should be  ~5 seconds.

We inserted Wait for Object and Verify functions to control the transactions response times and still we are facing the same issue.

Please help us like are we missing some thing here to insert in the functions. Please help ...

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Ajax True Client protocol not waiting for a transaction to complete

Hi,

Can you please describe how many steps do you have under the transaction context and what is the end event of the steps?

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for the reply and here is the discription about the transactions::

There is only 1 step and we inserted one check point and the end event of the step is "Step Synchronous Network completed". We tried with the options Action Completed and Step Network Completed but we are getting the response times as 0.0002 (Actual is ~5 Seconds) seconds and this tool is not waiting to complete the transaction and simply progressing with the next transaction. We also tried with DOM COntent Load end event and this is taking too much time to complete the transaction and we are getting more than 30 seconds.

The application is basically displays a graphs with the data and when we click any of the graph the corresponding data will be highlighted and we are trying to caputure the response time for the entire trnasaction. This is more likely to be clicks on the application and there will be not be any data insertion from the user end.

Thanks,

PVRRKTM

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

It is hard to tell what is the bext end event that you should use to measure that.

It sounds like the combination of Action Completed and Wait for Object is the best approach. You just need to wait for the right object that indicates that the operation really ended. 

If the application is public I can help investigating that online

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

We am facing a similar kind of issue wherin my transaction completes in just 0.5 seconds wheres manually it takes 6 seconds.

I am using "Step Network Completed" as end event. With "Document Loaded" and "Document content loaded", the wait response time is more than a minute.

The operation that I am trying to do here is just opening of an Entity.

Could you please suggest if I am missing something?

Thanks,

Rounak Sheri

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Rounak,

Maybe the page takes a lot of time to render after network activity and docuemnt were already loaded.

I suggest including a wait for object in the content of the transaction and ensuring it has long enough object timeout

Regards,

Shlomi

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shlomi,

This is great stuff. I could get what I wanted by the technique you suggested.

Thank you so much for your quick and apt response.

Looking forward to hear from people like you more in the coming days if I have any questions.

Thanks,

Rounak Sheri

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Glad to assist 🙂

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.