Highlighted
Visitor.

Ajax True client NTLM Authentication: Changing the user

I am trying to record script using Ajaxtrue client using LR 12.0 with IE browser. The application uses NTLM authentication, so it automatically takes my credentials and no login username and password is asked. But as per our requirement we have to run the script for 60 test users. Is there a possible way to change the username in ajax like web set user in HTML/HTTP.

Also We have below restrictions:

1) Firefox Browser has been blocked so user.js option is ruled out.

2)Changing settings for IE is also disabled in security tab in internet option.

thanks  in  advance

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Ajax True client NTLM Authentication: Changing the user

If the domain account used to run TruClient IE can pass NTLM authentication, TruClient has no chance to take part in the authentication process. Only a invalid account causes IE to ask for valid account and password, this is the chance for TruClient. Please try below steps.

1. Run TruClient IE with a non-domain account (for example, a local account within the machine). If launching TruClient IE from VuGen, make sure running VuGen with a non domain account.

2. Record script, for NTLM authentication step, since a non-domain account is used, it can't pass NTLM authentication, IE will pop up a dialog to ask for account and password. Input a valid domain account.

3. Record other steps. After recording, parametrize the account and password input in above step.

When replaying this script in Load Generator, make sure using a non-domain account to launch LR LG relevant service or process.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Ajax True client NTLM Authentication: Changing the user

Hi Team ,

i am also facing a similar problem where in,  i have to use chromium browser to script and  in that i am not able to make the changes like about:config - as in firefox  . I am not able to bypass the windows credentials  in my script . I have checked  enable NTML prompt while recording in chromium also but, it doesnt seem to work  . Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.