Highlighted
Visitor.

An unexpected error occured - InvalidCastException

I have installed LR 12.55 on a Win 7 machine, and get the following error when trying to start recording:

An unexpected error has occured.

Source: HP.LR.VuGen.StartRecordingDialog
Target Method: Void RealLocalProxySettings(HP.LR.VuGen.RecorderBackEnd.RecordingInfo)
Message: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.Byte[]'.

Does someone have a solution?

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: An unexpected error occured - InvalidCastException

Hi

Which protocol are you trying to record in?

if web - are you recording in local proxy mode or "normal" mode? if in Local proxy, can you modify back to "normal" and see if this recreates? does this happen in each recoding attempt? does this happen on other machines as well?

thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi,

Could you please send the VuGen log located at %TEMP%\HP.LR.VuGen.log?

You can use Help>Send us your feedback menu in VuGen or send directly to vugen.feedback@hpe.com

Thanks,

Albert

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi, COuld you please provide a screenshot, and if applicable, also copy the "inner excetipn" infromatiion to us? Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi,

We are recording on the Webprotocol. It is the same on both modes, and it does only happen on some machines. We suspect it has something to do with permissions, but we need anything more specific to report.

The funny thing is that webrecording works when using mulitprotocol (Citrix + HTTP)!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

There are 0 inner exceptions.

Here are some screen shots:

Uten navn.pngUten navn2.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi,

I've got he same issue right now.

Would it be wrong privilege during installation ?

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi

Please open a support ticket and we will provide you a patch that will fix this issue

Thanks

Oren

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I now have this same problem.  Was there a fix created?

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

I got this error when trying to record an SSO login script.  I ran VUGen using "Run As" a test user account, instead of my normal AD credentials - hoping that I could record IE while using one of our test userids.  (I can record this application using my own AD credentials, but my personal account is set up with Multi-factor authentication, which I do NOT want to script).

When I am running VUGen 12.55 using this other user account I also get this error "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.Byte[]'." 

I think what this error means is that VUGen is encountering an issue (improperly handled in its error logic) while trying to configuring a Proxy for recording - due to a permissions issue in the registry (ReadLocalProxySettings).

C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\HP.LR.VuGen.log

2018-06-23 12:38:25,468 UTT           [  1] ERROR - Unhandled WPF exception caught
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.Byte[]'.
   at HP.LR.VuGen.StartRecordingDialog.ProxyRecordingHelper.ReadLocalProxySettings(RecordInfo currRecordInfo) in e:\LT\LT-CORE\win32_release\12.55.911.0\app\VuGen\FrontEnd\Current\CoreAddins\StartRecordingDialog\CommonStartRecordingDialog\ProxyRecordingHelper.cs:line 313
   at HP.LR.VuGen.StartRecordingDialog.ProxyRecordingHelper.ModifyRecordInfoForProxyRecording(CommonDlgDataStructure currDlgData, RecordInfo currRecordInfo) in e:\LT\LT-CORE\win32_release\12.55.911.0\app\VuGen\FrontEnd\Current\CoreAddins\StartRecordingDialog\CommonStartRecordingDialog\ProxyRecordingHelper.cs:line 174
   at HP.LR.VuGen.StartRecordingDialog.BaseStartRecordDataModel.FillDataToRecordStructure() in e:\LT\LT-CORE\win32_release\12.55.911.0\app\VuGen\FrontEnd\Current\CoreAddins\StartRecordingDialog\CommonStartRecordingDialog\DataModel\BaseStartRecordDataModel.cs:line 142
   at HP.LR.VuGen.StartRecordingDialog.CommonRecordViewModel.BtnOkClick2() in e:\LT\LT-CORE\win32_release\12.55.911.0\app\VuGen\FrontEnd\Current\CoreAddins\StartRecordingDialog\CommonStartRecordingDialog\ViewModel\CommonRecordViewModel.cs:line 2164
   at HP.LR.VuGen.StartRecordingDialog.CommonRecordViewModel.BtnOkClick() in e:\LT\LT-CORE\win32_release\12.55.911.0\app\VuGen\FrontEnd\Current\CoreAddins\StartRecordingDialog\CommonStartRecordingDialog\ViewModel\CommonRecordViewModel.cs:line 1842
   at HP.LR.VuGen.StartRecordingDialog.CommonStartRecordingDialogUI.BtnOkClick(CustomDialog cd) in e:\LT\LT-CORE\win32_release\12.55.911.0\app\VuGen\FrontEnd\Current\CoreAddins\StartRecordingDialog\CommonStartRecordingDialog\CommonStartRecordingDialogUI.xaml.cs:line 59

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi

We already fixed this issue .

You can ask support to get the patch on top of 12.55 ,

Or to use 12.57 which include this fix also .

Regards

Oren

0 Likes
Highlighted
Member.

I recorded a web application which is deployed in citrix environment, after completion of reply i am getting error

" An unexpected error occured ",If I click OK ,my script getting corrupted,unable to open the script .

Even i am not able to run old scripts from my folder.

I repaired my vugen but same issue i faced.

Now i am unistalling the vugen.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.