Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Angular 2 features are not getting loaded in TruClient Browser

Hello,

We are using Angular 2 in few screens in our applicaiton.  This page contains a parent tree and in which it will have multiple child tree,  whenever i try to record this page by clicking any tree it hangs there in IE truClient browser.  Request anyone to suggest the work around to fix.

Note:  In truClient firefox browser it is not working as expected and in truClient chrome browser too it is not working.

~ Manicmut

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Angular 2 features are not getting loaded in TruClient Browser

Hi,

A few issues related to Angular were resolved in recent version

Which version are you using? Do you have the latest patch installed?

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

I am using PC 12.53.  Patch I haven't checked.

I hope i am using the latest version, is there any patch required for this version?

~Manicmut

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Most of the changes I am talking about were released as part of patch 3 and 4.

If you can install patch 4, just for the sake of the test, on the VuGen machine it can be helpful. If it solves this issue you should consider installing the patch on all machines. including Load Generators and PC Hosts. If it does not solve you can uninstall the patch and proceed with a support ticket.

In addition, can you please check what happens when you disable standards enforcement from TC IE browser? Are the components loading properly in this case?

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

My case might be a bit different from this one, but still Angular2 and Truclient Web with VuGen 12.53. I am using it for monitoring with BPM 9.30.

Ever since the website we are monitoring using Angular2, that portion cannot be loaded when using IE. But, it would work fine with the FF.

However, we would prefer to have the IE instead of FF, because we are using bluecoat proxy in our infrastructure, and it would have timeout and need to be re-authenticated. When script is in the middle of running, it would fail and authentication would only happen when the script happen in the next iteration (where I place authentication and catch all error afterward).

So, with that in mind, how should we move forward to ensure Angular2 is supported? I think the vugen patching does not really tally with the BPM patching, doesnt it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

BPM brings Load Generator Standalone installer with it, which theoretically speaking supposed to allow using LoadRunner patch as is. Please double check that with BPM support.

As for Angular 2, it was released after LoadRunner 12.53 was released hence it was not tested by TruClient R&D. 

I didn't understand the constraint of using TruClient Firefox because of Bluecoat proxy. Do you face timeout and a need to re-authneticate only with TruClient Firefox?  Can you overcome that by using Catch step and re-authenticate in the Catch section?

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.