Highlighted
New Member.

Any option for Reuse of TLS connection?

Hi, I'm using LoadRunner 12.53. 

Is it possible to make LR cache TLS connection of vUser between iterations? I want reduce the factor of SSL handshake. 

Thanks

M

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Any option for Reuse of TLS connection?

Hi Michael, 

note that TruClient protocol runs in private browsing modality, so the cache isn't mainteined in the file system but will be saved in the browser memory. 

The option "Simulate a new user on each iteration" (under "Runtime Settings -> General / Replay"), if disabled, force Vusers to use the same HTTP connection for every iteration.  Note that the first iteration will run without cache and subsquent iterations will enjoy from the cache.

Below a link to a page that show you how to manage cache data from LoadRunner: 

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.60/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/c_web_cache_data.htm

Let me know if this can help you with the issue, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi, thanks for replay

I use not true client but virtual user generator (we invoke rest and WS APIs). 

I went to replay/runtime settings/general and didn't found anything about HTTP  (LR version 12.53). 

Please advise.

Michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Michael, 

in the link I've posted before there's some instructions to manage Vusers cache for Web HTTP/HTML protocol. 

Let me know if those article can be helpfull to your problem, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.