Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

App Session remains active even after replay ends in TruClient Ajax - IE

I recorded an LR script  LRver12.01 using TruClient Ajax - IE that just navigates to a application URL. Basically when the URL is opened a session a created for the application in the backend server. Using IE11.

The businesss case is to simulate users carrying out a number of iterations of this test. So basically for each iteration a session would be created and then disconnected for the application.

When I try to replay this script, I notice that if I ran it with mutiple iterations, for each iteration LR creates a new session for the application but does not close the previous session that was opened by the previous iteration.  It is only when the LR script replay completes, that all the sessions gets disconnected that were opened by the iterations in one go. If I were to replicate the same manually via the browser, then on closing the browser immediately the session gets terminated on the backend.

All that I have in the LR script is a step to "Navigate to........ the app URL" . The End event for this step is set to "Automatic: Document Loaded". I added the Generic Browser Action step from Toolbox "Close Active Browser Window" with the End Event as "Automatic: Not Set Yet", but it didnt seem to still disconnect  the session on replay.

Any inputs to resolve the same would be highly appreciated.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: App Session remains active even after replay ends in TruClient Ajax - IE

Hello,

I recommend upgrading to 12.02 patch 3 (if you are using LoadRunner) or 12.20 patch 2 (if you are a Performance Center user).

TruClient didn't support IE 11 in 12.01 release. It might be the reason for this issue.

Regardless, can you please share the script? I might provide a workaround

Regards,

Shlomi 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your inputs. We use Vugen 12.01 and Performance Center 12.01 as well. Since it is controlled env with the organiation, the IT support team say it will take a while to upgrade the software until it goes thru the due dilligence process.

In the meanwhile as requested below is the LR script

***********************************************************************************

Script_View_Action()
{
    truclient_step("1", "Navigate to 'https://rda-ns-gb-dev.e...6procid%3D97964'", "snapshot=Action_1.inf");
    truclient_step("2", "Close active browser window", "snapshot=Action_2.inf");
}

***********************************************************************************

The end event for the Action:Navigate step is "Document Loaded" while the end event for the Action:Close step is "Automatic::Not Set Yet".

Is there any script enhacement can be done with the exsiting version of Loadrunner that is being used that can resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thanks Jeff. 

The script view cannot help much. Please attach the script runtime files in zip format to this post.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If I create the script in LR Vugen 12.02 patch 3, would I be able to run the script on ALM 12.01. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

The answer is no.. You will have to upgrade PC hosts\Load Generator as well and maybe as a result PC Server and ALM version,.

If you can share the script (maybe in private) it might help me better understand the issue

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.