Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Appian Performance Testing

Hi,

Does LoadRunner support the Appian apps performance testing?

Appian is a business process management tool

Thanks,

Vasi

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Appian Performance Testing

This is a big question 🙂

First you need to find out what's your AUT (application under test), the user can access it via a client? the browser? Via PC or mobile. Then try to find out the protocol it uses, http, .net, flex etc...

Since there are a lot of protocols supported by LoadRunner. I think you can find the solution on Appian.

Hope helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

It is not supported, but that only means that is has never been tested, so it may work propperly, I recommend you to use the protocol advisor, and based on it results, the choose the protocol, if you have any problem while recording, then open a case with support directly.

cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I followed the same steps as you have mentioned and i am facing problem while recording

Can you tell me the steps to open a case with support directly

Thanks

just FYI the protocol advisor mentioned Web(HTTP/HTML) and Ajax Tru Client and Ajax(Click and Script)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Have you successfully tesetd Appian?. Appreciate your feedback.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, I have been able to test Applian using the TruClient protocol. The developers created a business process in Appian and the test team load tested the business process by creating new requests, search existing requests etc. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Yes,, Appian can be Performance Tested using HP Loadrunner and works like charm in 12.50 with TruClient and Chrome

- Shrijith J

Peformance test consultant

JS
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

I was successfully able to finish apian scripting through loadrunner using web protocol. All it needs is a small bit of code.

Please check out below link for same.

https://ishashivani.tech.blog/2020/03/28/performance-testingappianscriptingwebloadrunner/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Yes Appian Applicaton can easily be tested through loadrunner either through TruClient or Web Protocol. 

I have done so succesfully.

Please check out the below for step by step process 

https://ishashivani.tech.blog/2020/03/28/performance-testingappianscriptingwebloadrunner/

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.