Speedmaster Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Are there still two versions of the LR Citrix Agent as of 12.01? ...

We have Citrix running on 64-bit Windows servers. And in previous releases of LR I think I remember the .ISO had two flavors of the Citrix agent, one each for 32bit and 64bit Windows.

But on the .ISO image for LR 12.01 I only see a single installer for the Citrix Agent:

\LR12_ISO\Additional Components\Agent for Citrix Server\SetupCitrixAgent.exe

Is that right? An HP engineer said we were supposed to use this single Agent installer for both 32bit and 64bit Windows. But I'm having some issues and wanted to confirm.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

0 Likes
6 Replies
AlexisB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Are there still two versions of the LR Citrix Agent as of 12.01? ...

Greetings SpeedMaster,

Hoping you are doing well!

May you please attach an screenshot about the error you are facing during the install of the Citrix Agent?

Please let us know the version of the O.S. you have. It is important to know it .

Do you have another Citrix Agent previous version intalled? or is this the first attempt to install it on the Server Machine?

I found out the SetupCitrixAgent can be used for both operating systems.  I just want to mention some supported 64-bit O.S. from the LoadRunner 12.01 PAM:

•  Windows 7 64bit
  • WWindo Windows 8.1 64bit
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit
  • Windows Server 2012 R2 64bit

Hoping to receive your prompt reply accordianly and I will assist you.

Kind Regards,

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks very much, Alexis. Thanks for confirming that it's a single installer for both 32bit and 64bit.

We're not having any trouble with the installation, that seems to be working fine. The problem is that for the app I'm trying to test via Citrix, I can no longer sync on text, or retrieve text (I just get an empty string) from the app's status bar since we upgraded from LR 11.52 to LR 12.01. The Citrix admin has uninstalled the old Citrix-LR Agent and installed the new one.

This functionality was working fine under LR 11.52. The only thing we change was the version of LR and the Citrix Agent. I'm seeing the same behavior with both an existing LR script and a new one I created to debug the problem.

The Citrix servers are running Windows Server 2008 R2, 64bit. My VUGen/Cotnroller machine is 64bit Windows 7.

Thanks again,

Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted
AlexisB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi again SpeedMaster,

Thanks for the information provided.

Based on the current LR version you are using, I have attached a screnshot or png screenshot, with the specific information about the supported version of Citrix Client & Server.

According with the previous incidents and another experiences I had working with the Citrix issues. It is better to check if the versions you have for Citrix Client & Server machines are on the supported list from the LoadRunner 12.01 PAM resource.

I have found a KB that has an alternative to try to resolve it: https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1339702, but that KB is related with the recording. I suggested to try the steps on it. If the environment is similar. As you are using Windows Server 2008 R2 as a Citrix Server.

Please let us know about it.

Kind Regards,

0 Likes
AlexisB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi again SpeedMaster

I found this two more KBs that refers to the not return text or the text buffer value is empty:

1. text_buffer value for ctrx_get_text is always empty: https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1339702
  2. ctrx_get_text() does not always return text in LoadRunner Citrix Script:https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1208464.

Kind Regards,

Alexis Brenes G

If you find any of these posts useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as accepted solution and supply a kudo for the autor who contributes with the information given.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks, Alexis. I'm taking a look at these now. But I can't seem to access the KB item in the your 2nd last response.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Alexis,

Just tried this and no luck:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1208464

It doesn't seem like a timing issue or race condition, it really seems like LR simply can't read the text.

And for this KB item I get the message "You don't have permission ".

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1339702

And the Citrix servers are running Windows Server 2008 R2, 64bit. My VUGen/Cotnroller machine is 64bit Windows 7.

Thanks again,

Chris

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.