Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ask: Can the LoadRunner test android appliacation?

Hi,

I have a project to do the load testing in android application.

Can I use the LoadRunner to do it?

Another, I have problem in install the LoadRunner because patch

Please help

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Ask: Can the LoadRunner test android appliacation?

Hi Gloriatri,

please remember them main focus of LoadRunner - to investigate what happens on servers while traffic/load is generated by clients.

You Android application is one instance of a client. If you are able to capture the traffic generated by this single client, you should be able to use LoadRunner to simulate this client and to send the very same kind of traffic as the Android application. You should be able to multiply this single client instance into many instances. You should be able to have each instance (virtual user) to use somewhat different data.

So the crux here is to find out the communication your Andoid application is generating towards your servers. One way might be to run the Android application on a phone/tablet using only Wifi access, to have the Wifi Access point dump out all traffic to file or to send it though a a proxy program on a computer which can capture the traffic.

Does this answer your question, Gloriatri?

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Ask: Can the LoadRunner test android appliacation?

Hi,

You can use TruClient Narive Mobile to test Android applications. 

Read more about TruClient Native Mobile here: /t5/LoadRunner-and-Performance/Introduction-to-LoadRunner-s-new-TruClient-Native-Mobile/ba-p/6663874#.WHcc5vl96Cg

It is advised using the latest version of LoadRunner.

I suggest describing the installation issue in a different post. Mixing topics can end up in endless threads which are hard to handle and less useful for other community users

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.