Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Authentication required, please use "web_set_user" Solution NOT working

Hello, Plz help, I m also getting the same error (in WIn 😎 - " Authentication required, please use "web_set_user", e.g. web_set_user("domain\\user", "password", "host:port");   [MsgId: MERR-26547]"  I m very new to loadRunner.  Hence, I used web_set_user at the begining of the editor  as  web_set_user("localhost\\jojo", "bean", "localhost:1080");  I m using the provided HP WebTours App . I tried enabling "WinInet" at runtime setting but no luck. I m very depressed that HP VuGEN Help Center DOES NOT address this common issue in their guide. If I have to Face such a common issue with the simplest form of Web Protocol Script, then it shoud have been mentioned in thier guide. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Authentication required, please use "web_set_user" Solution NOT working

Hello, 

How did you created the script? by recording or other method?

and which LR version are you using? 

and for authentication issue trouble shooting,  please refer to my another post

/t5/LoadRunner-Practitioners-Forum/Getting-Authentication-Error-while-opening-a-pdf-file-using-Web/m-p/6945074/highlight/false#M20331

Regards,

Bingle(LoadRunner R&D)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

First of all, I m using HP Web Tours Application as AUT , which is shipped with LoadRunner. After running the app server and opening VuGen (v 12.53 build 1203 ) I started "recording"  , then I just opened up the home page which has the username and password field (but I didnt fill it up/ logged in). Just by recording that much ( navigating to that page) gives me this error. At first I placed  web_set_user() before the error-triggering code, then I tried placing it at the begining of action but to no avail.. 

I used this  web_set_user("localhost\\jojo", "bean", "localhost:1080");  

How come Vugen asks for authincation before I try to log in. 

This is my error -  Action.c(41): Error -26547: Authentication required, please use "web_set_user", e.g. web_set_user("domain\\user", "password", "host:port"); [MsgId: MERR-26547]
Action.c(41): Error -26630: HTTP Status-Code=401 (Unauthorized) for "https://accounts.google.com/ListAccounts?gpsia=1&source=ChromiumAccountReconcilor&json=standard" [MsgId: MERR-26630]

Capture1.JPGCapture.JPG

I m very depressed bcoz this simple mistake kept me from going ahead for 2 days... still no luck .. 

Now I've found that ANY PAGE will give me the same error above. A simple navigation of ANY page will throw such error !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello, 

I've see another post from you,  please take a look at the error message:

Action.c(41): Error -26630: HTTP Status-Code=401 (Unauthorized) for "https://accounts.google.com/ListAccounts?gpsia=1&source=ChromiumAccountReconcilor&json=standard" [MsgId: MERR-26630]

The target URL is google, this is because the chrome browser trying to login to their google server silently at backend, LR is innocent of this.

You can use "Recording Options-> Mapping and Filtering->Traffic filtering" to filter out the google traffics during recording.

And for the error message with advising add "web_set_user", it’s target line is also Action.c(41): which is the google URL, so it’s advising you to add a web_set_user for “accounts.google.com”, this is not relate to the Web Tours site too.

And for the issue about "form not found", please also try the option: “Recording Options->General->Recording->HTML Advanced...->A script contains explicit URLs only” 

Thanks,

Bingle

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.