Highlighted
New Member.

Automatic updation of New URL to the existing URL Parameter

we want to test performance on newly build environment  and only the URL is changed and this url needs to picked up and the existing scripts needs to update the URL  and run. How is this achieved from Jenkins .

the new URL needs to be updated to all the scripts before it runs . Please let me know what are all the ways the new url can be auto picked and updated . Manually we will not be able to update the parameterized URL .

Thanks 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Automatic updation of New URL to the existing URL Parameter

I assume that you use the Performance Center plugin in Jenkins. As far as I know you cannot send arguments with the start of a test. But I think you have at least two options:

Use a Virtual Table Server (VTS) and update from jenkins the parameter. All LR scripts should pickup the URL from there.

Performance center has an API to access tests etc. You might investigate if you can apply/change attributes in the runtime settings in PC.

I hope this gives you some food for thought.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.