Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Breakpoints exist but are "invisble" during single stepping or animated replay in Web HTTP/HTML

Has anyone found a way to keep breakpoints visible in 12.50 Vugen even when the "active line" is on the same line?

In Web HTTP/HTML source code in Vugen, while either single stepping a script or running it in animated mode, the active line (by default shown as a yellow line with an right pointing arrow in the left margin just by the line numbers) takes precedence over the markers showing a line is a breakpoint.

So, normally a breakpoint is shown in some red/brown color. In the left margin, by the line numbers, there is a somewhat large globe, also in red/brown. This makes it obvious where the breaks point it.

Unless, of course, you single step your script - or, if you run it while having enabled animated run. That is, a page of code is shown and the active line (yellow) moved down through the code. If there is some request taking a long time, the active line pauses for a while until a response is received, then continues.

The problem is when the active line reaches a breakpoint. Suddenly the animation stops. The line does not move.

So far, the only way I have found to actually see the state of the active line, is to re-focus my eyes (and mind!) and read the word in the lower left corner of the screen. Does is say Paused? Then we have reached a breakpoint. Does it say Running...? Then I will have to wait for the server to respond.

This makes my eyes move between two places that are far apart. I would prefer to keep my eyes on the active line. Mentally to be "in the code" rather than breaking out to check some word in a corner.

So, has anyone found a way to let the breakpoint graphics "shine through" the active line graphics? Please share.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Breakpoints exist but are "invisble" during single stepping or animated replay in Web

Hello

Thanks a lot for you feedback.

You are absolutly right , I will open a defect to fix it in nearest LR version .

Oren

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Breakpoints exist but are "invisble" during single stepping or animated replay in Web

Glad I'm not the only one that bugs.. 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.