Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

COM/DCOM script generation produces an AccessViolationException error

Hi all,

I am using Loadrunner 12.53 patch 1 to try and record a thick application that is built on DCOM. When I launch the applicaiton from the start recording menu, I can see the number of events increasing (and if I look in the log files later, I can see the events).  However when I stop the script and it tries to create the script I get an error (see attached screenshot). The error is very generic ("System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt") and I have seen lots of instances of it on this forum but not for this particular case. I am looking for some suggestions on how to fix this and get a script generated.

What I have tried so far:

1. Creating an HTTP/HTML script to see if it is just DCOM that has the issue. This script generation worked successfully.

2. Disable DEP and UAC.

3. Creating a winsocks script of this application, this worked successfully.

4. Identified the appropriate library files and added them to the recording options for DCOM.

5. Disabled C parser (this made no difference).

6. CPU and memory do not look to be overly stressed, there is a spike in CPU usage of up to 70% as it starts the script generation process

7. There are no errors or warnings recorded in the event log around the time of this issue

8. I get the same issue on two different VMs.

I am using LR 12.53 patch 1 on a virtual Windows 2012 R2 running on ESX.

If anyone can think of something I have missed or has any other suggestions please let me know.

Many thanks,

Gordon

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: COM/DCOM script generation produces an AccessViolationException error

Hello

Is it possible to reproduce the crash by simple LR script regeneration as a separate action (not consequence of script recording)? If yes I will be helpful for LR to reproduce the crash in lab, if you can provide a problematic script.

The issue looks like a bug, and general advice here is to contact a HPE support and escalate.

If it doesn’t work for you, you can attach a problematic script here, I will forward it to HPE’s RND guys.

Thanks, Dmitry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Dimitry,

The error is reproducable on regeneration of scripts. How do I send this to HPE  RND or you? the file is 3MB (zipped), is there an FTP site I can upload it to.

I cannot see how to create a ticket on the support site as I do not have a SAID, I am currently in the PoC stage to see if LoadRunner works, if it does we will then buy the appropriate license.

thanks

Gordon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello

In order to submit a new incident request, please do the following :

1. Login with your SSO credentials into https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/web-submission
  2. Select Product Technical Issue 
  3. Select your SAID , product , version , OS ...
  4.  Describe your incident request and severity
  5.  Submit  

If further assistance is needed , please use this Reference User Guide 

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/web/softwaresupport/site-reference-user-guides

Thanks, Dmitry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Thanks Dmitry,

But I don't have a SAID for the product as we are doing a proof of concept to see if the tool works, which it currently doesn't. In this instance how do I raise this with HPE support for them to investigate. 

Thanks,

Gordon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, 

Has anybody found any solution for this issue? I'm facing the same problem and have no clue how to solve it.

Thanks, 
Anna

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Any solution for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I had a similar issue and I reached out to HP via support case and they have provided a dll named api_inspector which needs to be replaced in bin folder of installed location. After this fix, it is working as expected.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.