Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Can analysis generate 90th and 95th in summary report?

Jump to solution

Hi,

When I run the analysis using a template, I'd like to include both the 90th and the 95th to appear on the summary in the summary.html that gets created.

My current process works like this:

1.  I run the analysis via the CLI using a template that generates the 90th percentile.

2. I run the analysis via the CLI using a template that generates the 95th percentile. 

3.  I then parse the both summary.html reports to extract the 90th and 95th seperately.

If say my analysis template takes 20 minutes to compile, I'm looking at 40 minutes of compile time because I have to run the analysis twice.

So, what would be extremely handy if I could generate the lot in one go.  And maybe not just 90th and 95.  I'd prefer if the solution was clever to add variable percentiles to the summary.  So say in 3 months time, I change my mind and want to include 80th percentile; 85th percentile; 90th percentile and the 95th percentile.

I've had a poke around in the *.asc file in my template directory.

If I hack the 'AllHeaders' paramater value, I can add percentile 90th and 95th like such:

AllHeaders=Transaction Name,Minimum,Average,Maximum,Std. Deviation,95 Percent,95 Percent,Pass,Fail,Stop

....I get an error when it tries to run 'parse command error,  INdex was outside the bounds of the array'.

So, it obviously doesn't like that but you can see what I'm trying to achieve.  There is also some funky SQL in the 'JoinedSelectString' paramater that I could possibly hack?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprecaitead.

Many thanks!!

John

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Can analysis generate 90th and 95th in summary report?

Jump to solution

Hi John,

Very good idea.

We will consider that for one of the future releases.

Can you please raise an enhancement request with HPE support team? It will ensure the request is documented and tracked until resolved.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi John,

Very good idea.

We will consider that for one of the future releases.

Can you please raise an enhancement request with HPE support team? It will ensure the request is documented and tracked until resolved.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi mate,

Many thanks for your reply!

OK, I'll raise that as suggested.  Thanks for your steer with this.

Cheers,
John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi mate,

Can you please send me the link to raise an enhancement request?  I can only see support cases and not enahncements.

Or do I just raise it as I would a normal ticket?

Cheers,

J

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi John,

You should open a regular support ticket and mention that your expectation is to open an enhancement request. The support team will contact us in R&D to ensure it is a feasible requirement, an ER will be opened and your support call will be closed. You will get tracking ID.

Share a link to this post when you open the support ticket to ease the process.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

oops, this had slipped my mind.  Many belated thanks for that.  I have raised the ticket as per your instruction.

Cheers,

J

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.