Highlighted
Visitor.

Can't Use Protocol Advisor

Hi,

From the last few days, I can't use protocol advisor on LoadRunner 12.50. Whenever I start analyzing application, the browser open and immediately stopped working. I tried using both Firefox and IE, both have the same issue. I already tried to fix it by reinstalling LoadRunner, but no change. Is it something to do with my OS. I'm using Win 10, and as u all know a major update released a few weeks ago. Please, suggest me how can I solve it.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Can't Use Protocol Advisor

Hi

LR 12.50 release before 3 years and I’m not sure that he was tested on Win 10 with latest browser you have. 

In additional,  Microsoft release a lot of update to Win 10 last year so probably this cause the recorder to stuck on this version .

I suggest you to download the latest LR version 12.,56

(even that protocol advisor not supported anymore - from LR 12.53 )

Or to install the LR 12.50 on Win 7 machine , (don't forget to check the browser version that you use)

Oren 

Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: Can't Use Protocol Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm using the old version because it has protocol advisor. It was working fine on windows 10 before the update, So I think the update might be the issue. As for browser version, I tried both IE and Firefox, I've downgraded firefox to Firefox 32, and of course, both of the application is 32 bit. 

I assume, have to go back to windows 7.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.