Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Can't replay minimal script, compilation error

Jump to solution

I'm starting a new project on a new computer with Windows 10 and a new installation of LoadRunner Community Edition 12.60.

I created the absolutely most minimal VuGen script possible and called it dont-suck. Shift-F5 claims to compile just fine. Replay (F5) yields these errors though:

Error: CCI compilation error -error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\LoadRunner\bin\cpp.exe: c:\users\mark\documents\vugen\scripts\dont-suck\\pre_cci.c: Permission denied.
Error: Vuser compilation failed.
Warning: Extension cciext.dll reports error -19800 on call to function ExtPerProcessInitialize
Error: Thread Context: Call to service of the driver failed, reason - thread context wasn't initialized on this thread.

I've gone through the reinstall and reboot routine a few times. That pre_cci.c file is generated in the build process and I have all rights to it, so "permission denied" makes no sense.

I don't get why this extremely simple script is so hard to run. What is going on that is causing the error?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Found it. The new computer came with the McAfee LiveSafe real-time security scanner enabled. Disabling the real-time scanner solved the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Found it. The new computer came with the McAfee LiveSafe real-time security scanner enabled. Disabling the real-time scanner solved the problem.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.