Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Can the MI Listener be on the same Machine as the Controller IF it already works as a VUGen

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if I can use my controller as a MI Listener AND a Virtual User Generator at the same time.

I know that we can use the Controller as the MI Listener if it's not a Load Generator/Injector (regarding to the doc).

But is there an issue if we already use the Controller as a VUGen ?

It's not mentionned here: https://lrhelp.saas.hpe.com/en/12.53/help/WebHelp/Content/Controller/_sa_t_setup_use_firewalls.htm

Injectors are on a different network, behind a firewall, Controller and VUGen are on the same machine in another network

Thank you for any help,

Regards,

Arnaud

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI

I would not recommend installing MI Listener on the same machine as controller.

the MIL is meant as a "man in the middle" module that bridges between the Controller and the LR Agent. it is best to install it on a dedicated machine (as specified in the documentation).

though it may work, it may also lead to a meriad of problems in running the network properly.

Vugen and Controller can Co Exists, as Vugen is "only" the IDE (Not to debase Vugen of course 🙂 ).

Hope this helps,

Lior

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi again everyone,

Just a little (and not very beautiful) up, I'm quite sure someone already face this problem or is actually running this configuration, I just would like to know if it's currently possible, before giving my VM requirements to the good team.

Many thanks to anyone that can confirm or disprove my previous questions

Regards,

Arnaud

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI

I would not recommend installing MI Listener on the same machine as controller.

the MIL is meant as a "man in the middle" module that bridges between the Controller and the LR Agent. it is best to install it on a dedicated machine (as specified in the documentation).

though it may work, it may also lead to a meriad of problems in running the network properly.

Vugen and Controller can Co Exists, as Vugen is "only" the IDE (Not to debase Vugen of course 🙂 ).

Hope this helps,

Lior

View solution in original post

Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Lior,

Thank you for your answer, I think It will be easier for me to fit your advice and the documentation recommendation.

I face a problem here with a lack of IP adresses on the network where I have to make my tests (on so the one where I need at least the Load Generators)

If I put the controller in another network, I think it will not answer my problem because of the fact it will add 1 use of an IP adress with the MOFW (Monitor Over FireWall) component, on the network with a lack of adresses (plus the 2 VM on another network, including the Controller and the MI Listener)

I think I go beyond the scope of this question here, feel free to give your point of view on the problem, I will consider your answer as the good one and put this post as "resolved" by the end of the day.

Thanks again,

Arnaud

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Arnaud,

I think you are correct in your hypothesis.

if you have the option to create maybe a VPN where you won't have IP problems, that may help. but if not, than what you're doing is the right course of action.

Good Luck!

Lior

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.