Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Can we record test script during Vuser load generation of separate scenario on same server?

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I am using Load Runner as a performance tesing tool and currently I have more than 20 scenarios. 

12 out of 20 scenarios tests scripts has been created successfully. Now I want to start use generating load from Controller and during that I also want to record remaining 8 scripts in parallel, to save time. 

Is it okay what I am planning to do OR its not a good practise? If yes, then why?

Regards,

Muhammad Moid

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can we record test script during Vuser load generation of separate scenario on same server?

Jump to solution

Hi,

It depends on how many vusers you want to start, it may work but i would not recommend it.

You should finish recording all remaining scripts before you do any load test (if you test the same AUT), during load it may be possible that your AUT to malfunction, give errors and it will be hard to record anything correctly and waste more time trying to figure out what is the issue than you save.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can we record test script during Vuser load generation of separate scenario on same server?

Jump to solution

Hi,

It depends on how many vusers you want to start, it may work but i would not recommend it.

You should finish recording all remaining scripts before you do any load test (if you test the same AUT), during load it may be possible that your AUT to malfunction, give errors and it will be hard to record anything correctly and waste more time trying to figure out what is the issue than you save.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

It depends on the number of concurrent users during execution and load generator available memory footprints,  for best practices not develop any test scripts while the machine is under load.

Regards,

Manoj Thota

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.