Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Capture Vugen connection related errors in a parameter

Hi 

Is there no way to capture connection related errors (Failed to connect to server) without using file code (reading output.txt). Requirement is to catpure all kind of connection related error (connection_shutdown, connection timed out etc) with exact timestamp when it occured. I already have many lines of code return to manipulate HTTP errors and insert them into influxDB and do not want to add more bulky file code to capture connection related errors. 

Thanks,

Ritesh.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Capture Vugen connection related errors in a parameter

Hi Ritesh, 

a little note: you can fetch timestamp of all error messages from Controller with a click on "Errors" option under the Scenario Status frame and select "Total Messages" link. In this new window, you can find iteration, user, load generator informations and the timestamp of the response. 

Can this information help you with the problem?

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

Actually I want these info at the runtime. These info to be inserted into influx at runtime. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

You can see the evidences in the Controller during the test, not only at its end. 

Also, if you want timestamp precisely by VuGen, you can use QTReport tool (it's a default tool of the LoadRunner package), and load the xml result file of a replay execution by VuGen. There, you can see all sequential responses and relative time. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

Sorry if it was confusing. Let me clarify the requirement. Right now we have code in our script which will capture the response time of transaction, transaction name, and error if any and send it in influxDB. Using this we can see all the stats, response times, and errors in Grafana at runtime and export them as needed. This is quite useful and better than searching the errors in controller. Now all the HTTP errors are captured using error code in response(response contains app specific errors), but for connection related errors I could not find any way. This is what I need help on.

Action()

{

some web request

if (error)

influxcode(txnName,Error);

else 

LR_PASS;

}

influxcode(txnName,Error)

{

json to insert error and txnName in influxdb;

}

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sorry, I never used InfluxDB. 

I will search some resources online and if I'll found something usefull will return it to you. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.