Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Capturing Client Side rendering time and waiting for all Async responses

Hi everyone, I wanted to know whether HP provides any patch or is there anyway in which we can capture client side rendering time for sync\async responses that populates data for many portlets for one parent url on the same page e.g. javascript running in the background,graphs being populated on the page,etc. Also, the other issue i face is that the LR moves on the next request as soon as it gets the first response but can we delay the action till all the responses are received by putting in a conditional wait on text or image. While implementing web reg finds i see that the LR moves on the next request as soon as it receives the 1st response and fails the web reg find. (the web reg find had a text check for an async response received for the same page.) Please if anyone can help me out with this issue it would be great. As i have already ran out of options to resolve this issue 🙂 Thanking you in advance.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Have you tried using Ajax TruClient? TruClient gives you flexibility over the client side event you wish to use or transaction timing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi All,

Problem:There is a web page having multiple widgets, all widgets are downloading simultaneosulay (Async call). Each widget is interaction with different server. I want to get the response time for individual widget.

In Ajax true client the requests are going in sequential manner and if one of the widgets is taking time then I wont get the true response time for other widgets.

In http protocol my all widgets are in between web_concuurent_start and web_concurrent_end, after that I am closing the transactions. With Vugen I am able to get the individual response time for each widget but in controller I am getting same respoonse time for each widget.

See the attached images of results. HP_1 if from Vugen and HP_2 is from controller results.

I  think Loadrunner tool has its limitation to handle this scenario. 

Please revert if anyone has any soultion for this.

Thanks,

Anil Bagaria.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Anil Bagaria,

Measuring separate time for each of multiple simultaneous async timelines in TruClient may be tricky as script execution is syncronous by nature.

I could suggest one of these strategies:

1. Test one widget at a time, in saparate flows.
  2. Use Event Handlers for the appearance of an object in each widget.
    You could start measuring time before page load is started and in each handler, calculate the time and write it to log or a data-point. See this.
    Note: The feature is not designed for this, so time measurement granularity may not be as accurate.

Edo

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Edo,

Thanks for writing.

1. Test one widget at a time, in saparate flows: this is out of scope as I have to create individual scripts and that will increase the load too.
  2. Use Event Handlers for the appearance of an object in each widget.
    You could start measuring time before page load is started and in each handler, calculate the time and write it to log or a data-point: I have used the event handlers. I am starting all the transactions and closing it based on the event handler but that code is not working in controller.  In controller it is not giving me separate response time for each widgets.  See the previously attched jpeg images.
    I am looking for something where I can have multiple transaction on the same page which can give me response time of all async requests. It's more like having multiple streams simultaneosuly and we want to know the response time of each stream.(Rain drops scenario, where we want to know the response time of each drop hitting the surface.)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.