Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Checkbox click event action taking long time during TruClient recording

Hi All,

The client application functionality is to select atleast 10 number of checkboxes on a page and then proceed for submission.

I am facing very long wait times during recording for the check boxes to be clicked i.e almost an hour for clicking 10 checkboxes, which is not normal.

Is anyone else facing this issue with checkboxes recording in TruClient.

Thanks,

Bibhu Panda.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Checkbox click event action taking long time during TruClient recording

Hi,

I assume it takes relatively long time to identify the checkboxes using the Automatic object identification method. Maybe since the checkboxes are quite similar to one another in their description in the DOM.

Can you change the identification method for some of them to XPath and see if the checkboxes are still identified uniquely and whether or not it has any impact on the speed?

Also, you can try changing the action of the steps from Click to Evalaute JavaScript on Object and write object.checked = true;  in the code argument.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hey Shlomi,

I believe you mentioned these steps to try after the recording of the business flow and while working on the script actions.

I am facing this issue (long time taken for check box click event) while recording the business flow. Altough the selection area is quite heavy with lot of data and their related DOM objects but in real time clicking on the check boxes is way fast than while its done during recording process.

So any input as to check for anything else before starting the recording of the business flow?

Thanks,

Bibhu Panda.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Does it happen only during recording?  What happens when you add a Generic Object Action step from the toolbar and select the checkbox not during recording? How long will it take to perform the selection oepration during replay? 

TruClient is more intrusive during record, I am trying to understand if this slowness is observed also during replay.

Which version of LoadRunner do you use?

Which browser do you use?

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

The slowness in getting the checkbox clicked happens only during recording.

In our business flow we need to select atleast 10 checkboxes so due to this I switched to capture the checkbox click event through Generic Object action which is way faster than the recording method.

We are currently using LR ver 12.53 with Patch 2. The browser used for recording is Firefox and IE.

Also after recording I tried to implement your previously suggested way to handle checkbox event:

"Also, you can try changing the action of the steps from Click to Evalaute JavaScript on Object and write object.checked = true;  in the code argument."

It selects the checkboxes but in client application once we select a check box, another button called "SUBMIT" which originally is in disabled state should be get enabled once a checkbox is clicked. But when I use your mentioned code the required "SUBMIT" button doesn't gets enabled.

I am trying to see how the "object.checked=true;" code for a checkbox event can trigger an "object.enabled=true;" for a subsequent button click event?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

If the slowness is only in recording and there is no issue during replay there is no point using the Evaluate JavaScript on Object.

To overcome the slowness in recording I suggest just to stop recording and to manually add Generic Object actions from the toolbox and select the appropriate element. Once you are done with that heavy page you can continue recording and proceed with rest of the business flow

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.