Highlighted
New Member.

Citirix XenDesktop Black Screen on intilisation during test

Hi,

I am running a test on XenDesktop 7.15 Windows server 2016 machine where my application is installed.

After ramping up 10 -12 users subsequent users get a black screen at the time of initilising VDA connection.

This comes when I click on published dektop. Ideally when I click published desktop Citrix window opens up and I am taken to the Desktop of that particular server.

Manually I am able to make 25 connection on that machine but during test not more that 10-12 connections.

I need urgent help here.

Using LR 12.5

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Citirix XenDesktop Black Screen on intilisation during test

Hi Rahul,

Regarding to this concer, please know that when you mention a "black screen" this can mean a lot of things. As we don't have the error message we cannot know for sure what is this about as it could be because no connection or that the page couldn't load.

In order to solve this issue a soon as possible, it will be better if you open a support case with LR/PC team.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Citirix XenDesktop Black Screen on intilisation during test

Hi,

Follow these steps (to make sure Citrix Receiver is setup correctly):

1. On VuGen/LG machine you need to install Citrix Receiver 4.7 or 4.9

2. Go to registry with regedit and confirm these values are there:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client\Client Selective Trust]
"FileSecurityPermission"=dword:00000002
"MicrophoneAndWebcamSecurityPermission"=dword:00000002
"ScannerAndDigitalCameraSecurityPermission"=dword:00000002
"PdaSecurityPermission"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client\Engine\Lockdown Profiles\All Regions\Lockdown\Virtual Channels\Third Party\CustomVC]
"VirtualChannels"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client\CCM]
"AllowSimulationAPI"=dword:00000001
"AllowMouseEvent"=dword:00000001

3. reboot machine

Verify that LoadRunner Agent is running in process mode if you use LG to run Citrix vusers.

If issue still occurs disable hardware acceleration for graphics:

1. copy receiver.adml from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\Configuration\en" to "C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\en-US"

2. copy receiver.admx from "\Citrix\ICA Client\Configuration" to "C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\"

3. open "Local Group policy editor" (gpedit.msc) and you have the settings under Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Citrix Receiver->User Experience

4. disable Hardware Acceleration for graphics

5. reboot machine

Best regards,

Marcel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.